Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pole dancing classes

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

;

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

hi all. a few friends of mine wanna take pole dancing classes. i know the hollywood academy used to do them under the name Poles Apart.

anyone know of anywhere doing them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I just googled it there and..
    http://www.learntodance.ie/venues.htm#
    Pole Dancing Fitness Classes are on in Westwood Gym in Leopardstown by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

the international dance academy does them. It's on ormond quay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

thanks a lot folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Also think Jakie Scallie gym does them. Saw it on their website. Have joined the gym, (via hubby) but haven't arrived in the country yet:cool: Will check them out when I get there next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

The wife is interested in this, any idea if classes are available on the Northside??

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Hi, I've done courses with Pole Stars and learn to dance (which is aerobics based and not pole dancing at all!) I did a class with one of the members here pearlsasinger but I think she was banned for advertising her classes:confused:

anyway, she just started teaching in Swords but I've been doing classes in Donnybrook in Old Wesley Rugby club on MOnday nights
    I found pole stars were not only really dear but you could never book a bloody course.. I was waiting months and months to do the intermediates and they keep saying they're doing an advanced class and I've even paid a deposit for the advanced classes but nothing

this girl is very good, classes are great craic and not too rigid but it's hard work!
    she does the same course as they do but it's only 80 or 90 euro which is a far cry from the 160 lids polestars are charging!Her number is 087 230 3057 and I think she has a website but I'm not sure what that is...

I hope it helps... Oh I bought my pole through x poles in the Uk, they are great. Don't go near them shoddy Ann Summers or Peek -a - boo poles.. they keep faling down! :eek:

ciao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

and if that isnt a plug i don't know what is :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

branners69 wrote:
    The wife is interested in this

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

rb_ie wrote:
    lol.

why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I found pole stars were not only really dear but you could never book a bloody course..
    This is because we are the most popular school in Ireland at what we do and are booked up 6 months in advance.
    I was waiting months and months to do the intermediates and they keep saying they're doing an advanced class and I've even paid a deposit for the advanced classes but nothing
    Are you sure you are on our list? We have run many intermediate classes since ealry in the year. We've also got a few on the Advanced list but we know each of them personally as they have done many beginners and intermediate courses with us. You're name is not on our list.
    she does the same course as they do but it's only 80 or 90 euro which is a far cry from the 160 lids polestars are charging!Her number is 087 230 3057 and I think she has a website but I'm not sure what that is...
    You are that girl, right, Nik? And I do think we have been in touch with you recently, related to your "business" practices. We also don't charge 160 lids.

If you are not the girl running the other classes, then I apologise. But if you are, we take slander very seriously.

*EDIT* In relation to our prices. We do charge more than some of our competitors. How many of our competitors can say they are fully insured, public liability etc? How many have fully trained teachers? How many can say that each of their teachers are fully trained in basic health and safety and can treat minor injuries "at the scene"? How many companies have trained their teachers to do proper warm ups and warm downs before and after each session to help prevent muscle injuries?

You say that you have done one course with us and one in Learn To Dance. Hardly qualified to teach safely, even with practice. Anyway, we'll be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Pole Dance War!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

cmoney wrote:
    and if that isnt a plug i don't know what is :rolleyes:

Its called a shill apparently!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Advertisement