Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy replacement floorboards

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey,
    I pulled up a few old rotten floorboards and thought that it'd be an easy job to find replacements...:confused: went off to Homebase and then B&Q and couldn't find anything to match the measurements I needed. :(
    Does anyone know where I would get a better selection of boards - I need them 16cm wide and 21mm deep. I'm not too keen on cutting wider boards down myself and was also wondering if anyone knows of a place that would supply wood and cut it to size in the south Dublin area.
    I don't need anything with a great finish as they are going to be carpeted over anyway.
    Thanks,
    Anthony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi,

We had a load of floorboards pulled up and wrecked when we were re-wiring and re-plumbing. In some areas, 3 or 4 boards were pulled up beside each other. We had difficulty in finding replacement boards the same width.

Our carpenter got sheets of ply instead that were the same depth as the floorboards in situ, cut them to the width required and screwed them down. It was a lot quicker than putting down individual floorboards. As we were then covering them with carpet and semi solid wooden floors, it did'nt matter what they looked like as long as the surface was level. Worked out perfectly for us

Might be a suggestion for you?

Dools

Advertisement