Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Italian Factory Tour?

Options
  • 05-06-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Italy for the hols. anyone know if FIAT or Alfa Romeo do tours of their factories, and if so, how do I get on one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aren't Lamborghini's made in Italy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

somehow the normal car factory interests me more. not really into supercars

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hehe ok, so if I ever get a punto I'll check if you have a lambo for trade:D

I've always wondered how rice cakes are made myself. Do they bake them individually or as a big load and then cut them into slices. Judging by the texture it seems they do them individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

colm_mcm wrote:
    I'm heading to Italy for the hols. anyone know if FIAT or Alfa Romeo do tours of their factories, and if so, how do I get on one?

Curious as to what sort of electrical engineers they employ that can make such a hash of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Have you asked on alfaowner.com ?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    I've always wondered how rice cakes are made myself. Do they bake them individually or as a big load and then cut them into slices. Judging by the texture it seems they do them individually.

Follow your dream man, go to the Kelkin factory and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

I went to Italy with the parents about 5 years ago and we tried to get factory tours but didnt manage to get any. Me and my dad drove to Maranello for a day and went around the Ferrari museums which were good, saw an Enzo, F40, 250 GTO, Dino and loads more. We werent able to find Pagani or Maseratti but we did find Lamborghini and that was impressive. They had a museum at the side of the factory with every Lamborghini ever made. There was an LM002, Muira, Racing Diablos, various Countachs, Jalpa and more. We even saw a prototype Gallardo. The staff there were really sound, this one guy saw us pull up outside and brought us inside, I'm pretty sure that they didnt charge in, unlike Ferrari. He said that we could have had a factory tour but we came to late in the day or something like that. That was 4 or 5 years ago but I'd definately go to Sant' Agata if I was you!

Will be definately be checking out the motor museums, You couldn't go to Italy and not immerse yourself in the local automobilia! Would love a factory tour though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe a phone call to Fiat or Alfa Romeo Ireland, etc?

Don't expect too much help from their customer services department though! :D

Googled this infor regarding a Ferrari Factory Tour:
    http://www.travel-italy.com/info/emiliaromagna/articles/ferrari_factory_tour.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is or was an exhibition somewhere near Verona on Concept cars that were launched at many of the motor shows dating from the 60s onwards. Not sure if it is still running or not. There is something like 60 cars at this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

This is an outside chance, but give Ambrose Glass a call and try to get to talk to Ambrose himself, he should know or should know a man who knows, plus he seems a very nice fella who has a real soft spot for alfas etc....

Advertisement