Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Speeds Slowing to a Stop on NTL

Options
  • 05-06-2007 9:51pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently got NTL installed. Rather than use their NetGear router, I used my own Linksys 54GL. I'd use the router fine in a previous apartment with SmartVision and, as it was set up there, I kept the same settings.

Thing is it works fine for a while now (about 2 hours) and then the connection seems to degrade/slow until eventually I can't get any web page (they all time out). It's not the PC->router (that's fine) but that the router can't connect.

If I then reboot the router (a simple power off/on), I get right back to my original speeds. Incidentally any torrents d/ling, continue to download so it's only new requests (or maybe HTTP ones) that seem affected.

When I'm doing any of this, I generally only maybe have a couple of torrents (Linux distros natch..) downloading at the same time.

Is there some specific NTL setting that's required that I'm unaware of? Why would this be occurring now and not in a previous set up?

Advertisement