Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windowsil painting problem

Options
  • 05-06-2007 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Painted a windowsil and ran into some problems.
    Ok so here goes:

Sealed with Evo-bond (used 5 parts water to 1 part evo)
    Let it dry
    Used Sandtex masonry paint to paint it
    Said 3-4 hrs drying time and I left it at least that
    Rained over night and in the morning it was broken and eventually a good part of washed away
    The rough parts I painted are fine.

Not sure what I did wrong...was it simply a case of not having enough time to dry ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

What was on the window sill before hand? Was it gloss by any chance? A better sealer than evo bond would be stablising solution. I reckon the masonry paint was put over gloss and it didnt have time to dry,hence it part washed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Oops,meant to say also. If you are going the masonry route and there is gloss finish on window sill the best thing would be to burn off the existing gloss,get the sill back down to its bare again and seal with stablising solution then put masonry paint onto it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

It was bare before I went at it.

Maybe just didn't have a chance to dry.
    This stabilising solution....what brands can you get ?

Thanks

Advertisement