Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All nighters?

Options
  • 05-06-2007 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is stayin up all night,lack of sleep never affects me in sports,heres hoping it wont affect me tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I'm doing it as aswell! :D Or at least, I'll go to sleep at 4, and get up at seven, 3 hour sleep cycle and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

ah don't do that ... if you havent been ready for these exams the past 2 years then staying up all night isnt going to change it . The best thing anyone can do right is get their nights sleep. Sports and mental work require two very different kinds of energy . If you dont sleep tonight how will you sleep for any other exams because they come thick and fast for the next 2 weeks. Seriously man , you need to just go to sleep and not worry, im away myself . Good luck to you and to all with exams whatever approach yous are taking

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Ah but, I have been preparing, more than likely I'll conk out 12:00'ish anyway, but I need to get a lot done, I just can't seem to remember anyway of it now, this is my first break all day! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well it's 6 years since I sat the LC and I didn't do any late night studying then nor have I ever done for college exams, don't think I'd recommend it. My circadian rhythms are probably a bit messed up as it is so I wouldn't want to add to it. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

im a complete night owl.. but im going to bed in an hour

CYA! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

yeah persian im staying up all night long.im seriously focked if i dont so i feel ur pain!!!il need close pegs to keep my eyes ope.go on the redbull!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: my head tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I have tried the whole all nighter thing before for college exams, and trust me it does more harm then good, you find yourself forgetting everything you have learnt except the stuff from five minutes earlier.

Also rebull is bad, it just makes you jittery and makes it so hard to concentrate, ginseng is great if you can get your hand on it.

#Elites wrote:
    to late at this stage probally, but you will learn more if you get a good nights sleep, wake up early and do a few hours study before the exam.

ok im so gonna have to get off this thing i cud be asleep now if i wasnt distractin myself all day.ah il be grand.pray pray pray for plath!!!!!!!!!night night all.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

yea im gonna try learn something now. all i need to do is plath and bishop then ill try get a few hours kip, and reread my notes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

All Nighters are not a good idea but what would I know I've got it all ahead of me next year. I'll regret this post, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ah the old pre-exam jitters, this time tomorrow you'll be thinking what you were so worried about. Bit like your first ride.

i generally get 5hours sleep a night anyway so if i go to bed around 230 and wake at 630 i shouldnt be too bad. and apparently your body works in 4hour sleep cycles so im not too worried

Healio wrote:
    Ah the old pre-exam jitters, this time tomorrow you'll be thinking what you were so worried about. Bit like your first ride.

The Junior Cert steals your virginity. The Leaving Cert justs...well..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ah don't do that ... if you havent been ready for these exams the past 2 years then staying up all night isnt going to change it .

Actually some people can get a LOT of work done in a night's cram session. It's what I did and I got more than enough points than i needed. It's not for people chasing medicine points but ye can't say that staying up all night is going to help some people.

Actually some people can get a LOT of work done in a night's cram session. It's what I did and I got more than enough points than i needed. It's not for people chasing medicine points but ye can't say that staying up all night is going to help some people.

Well if you never studied once in your life it would help you but in general over the course of the LC exams it will cause harm.

alan4cult wrote:
    Well if you never studied once in your life it would help you but in general over the course of the LC exams it will cause harm.
    thats me your talking about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

alan4cult wrote:

That's what I'm saying, for people not aiming so high (who more than likely have done pretty much nothing like myself) it is beneficial. For people aiming to do real well it is to be avoided as they would almost all study done and would just tire themselves for the exams.

good luck to everyone today

wba88 wrote:
    good luck to everyone today

thank u i will certainly need it.in 7 hours i will be staring at english paper one.no sleep for me tonite.the all nighter continues......clothes pegs anyone?:eek:

ha right im off soon enough, special good luck to maggie and i gotta thank god for laptops and wireless BB, so good doin this from the comfort of my bed *sheds a tear*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

alan4cult wrote:
    The Junior Cert steals your virginity. The Leaving Cert justs...well..

Rapes you!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I just pulled an all nighter... A sleep all nighter, eh eh eh??? :D

Loads of sleep for me I feel fantastic.

Advertisement