Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Chipper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

My Gf, and I had chips from there, i hadnt eaten from there in ages but assured her that this chipper was well respected with good food.

How disappionted we were when we ate our food, ive been living in Waterford all my life and always found Cunninghams food excellent anytime i ordered but this was definitely the worst i have ever tasted from that place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

magick wrote:
    My Gf, and I had chips from there, i hadnt eaten from there in ages but assured her that this chipper was well respected with good food.

How disappionted we were when we ate our food, ive been living in Waterford all my life and always found Cunninghams food excellent anytime i ordered but this was definitely the worst i have ever tasted from that place.

When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

V recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im not from waterford but whenever im down in tramore I always eat from cunninghams. Their chicken fillet burgers were the best I ever tasted.

Whenever I was there I noticed that there were a lot of students working there and that they were spot on and friendly. And that I always enjoyed the food there.

This is the first I heard about the place being sold and im extremely disapointed :(

Hope the existing staff werent forced out because they were doing a good enough job as it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lads i eat out of there last week first since the take over and i must say that i think the famous lovely batter must have went with padriag and micheal cos the fish and battered sausages don,t taste like they used to, i,d give it 2 r 3 months and the place will be as stingy with the chip portions as it is in tonys, we should start a boycott of the place i think from what i,ve saw there aint one local workin there! am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lads i eat out of there last week first since the take over and i must say that i think the famous lovely batter must have went with padriag and micheal cos the fish and battered sausages don,t taste like they used to, i,d give it 2 r 3 months and the place will be as stingy with the chip portions as it is in tonys, we should start a boycott of the place i think from what i,ve saw there aint one local workin there! am i wrong?

Cunninghams were always far more stingy when it came to chip portions... not sure what made you think otherwise..

There is at least three local staff working there confirmed, but I heard there was more but iv yet to see them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Sorry to drag an old thread up but I came across it in a search and was really dissapointed to hear my old favourite Cunnighams was not what it once was! Has the situation improved? Fish and Chips from Cunninghams was a massive part of my Guillamine experience!

Ill move this to Waterford County and leave it open for discussion as it has potential..

Its changed ownership twice since being sold on. Not as popular, and the food is said to be not as good. I prefer Tonys and have done for years. Got fed up of being screwed over in Cunnighams!

Topic Moved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Zombie thread outbreak in the Waterford fora! Two threads risen from the grave in one day...the holocaust is upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Have being going to cunninghams for last 15 years or so had a breast and chip there last friday ,the chips were desperate and going downhill big time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

that tony has a chip on his shoulder

his staff are united though , when the chips are down they really stick together

but if they do get sacked they will probabily all go off on the batter

Sungod, do you have to crack a joke in the majority of your posts without ever being constructive?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

do all posts have to be constructive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

longshanks wrote: »
    They do when you have a mod that rules with an iron fist

Do you actually ever have anything useful to say? I dont think iv came across any decent contribution from you, besides winging and complaining.

To answer your question, Sungod does post constructive a lot but he also has a habbit of just cracking jokes in every topic. There comes a time where it gets boring, and very annoying when nothing is added to the conversation.
    They do when you have a mod that rules with an iron fist

Thanks for the complement, your not so bad yourself.

I think you'll find lads that there are different types of people out there. Now i'm no expert on this, and im not a mod either, but without naming names or pointing fingers you have the sort of people that are a little bit relaxed, you know the sort that like to crack a few jokes and not take everything seriously, then you have the Joe Duffy sort, who fail to see the humour in what we might call jokes

I think you'll find lads that there are different types of people out there. Now i'm no expert on this, and im not a mod either, but without naming names or pointing fingers you have the sort of people that are a little bit relaxed, you know the sort that like to crack a few jokes and not take everything seriously, then you have the Joe Duffy sort, who fail to see the humour in what we might call jokes

Iv seen plenty of jokes passed around that I personally have laughed at. No forum should be 100% serious and I think there should always be a balance. However, Sungod is the only person who takes it that bit to far! He knows it to, I just dont think he realises he does it. I have to say, he has improved a lot. It just gets tiresome when every post is a joke!

Some jokes are funny but cant be left. For instance, one user made one against a recent murder trial but it had to go - no matter how funny - as it was screaming law suit and offending other posters. It had to go.

Some people dont see this and scream conspiracy, corruption, censorship, hitler etc etc. You have to consider my point as well! One user went on a rampage and got very abusive towards a person and he was banned for two weeks. I had to place him on ignore to stop the abusive comments being passed over PM to me.

Its a tough job, which will be made easier soon. (Kinda).

Why will it be made easier? Is my next ban going to be permanant or something?

That wasnt a bad idea.. I never thought of that! :P

No, thats not it.. just waiting for confirmation but iv asked for co-mod to help out around here. It is pretty busy, more so then I originally expected!

Depending on an upcoming case the job of a mod could be changed completely

It could even mean a mod will not have to do virtually anything

I just realised that this has nothing to do with a Tramore chipper so I'll say no more

• Advertisement

Id love to know more about this case :D

Aye, lets move back to the chipper convo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Sully wrote: »
    Do you actually ever have anything useful to say? I dont think iv came across any decent contribution from you, besides winging and complaining. did i touch a nerve kiddo?

To answer your question, Sungod does post constructive a lot but he also has a habbit of just cracking jokes in every topic. There comes a time where it gets boring, and very annoying when nothing is added to the conversation. i asked if all posts needed to be constructive, not for your problem with SUNGODs posts
    Iv seen plenty of jokes passed around that I personally have laughed at.

oooh you personally laughed. ha ha, that line sums you up

take that bait little fish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

back on topic, it seems to me like someone may have a chip on their shoulder

sooo sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

longshanks, get back under that rock eh?

Mike.

oooh you personally laughed. ha ha, that line sums you up

take that bait little fish

Funny chap. :)

SUNGOD wrote: »
    back on topic, it seems to me like someone may have a chip on their shoulder

sooo sorry

Iv already explained this ages ago to you over PM. No chip on my shoulder (puns aside), just ease up on the jokes. If you want to be a comedian, this ain't the right place :)

Back on topic now lads, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

cunninghams was sold so it not as good as it use to be, i dont know anyone that goes there anymore.

i think dooleys is the best for your old fashion fish and chips, then tony's for pizza etc. lido's is good for it too.

Cunninghams has sold at least 3 times since the old owners - its now owned by Doolys who are moving into it next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

didnt know that now, may have to try it when they take over :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Cunninghams has sold at least 3 times since the old owners - its now owned by Doolys who are moving into it next week!

It's gone downhill bigtime. Last time I was in, I got a chunk of fish that was still half frozen. I think it's a bit of cheek having all the awards/certificates etc still up the wall, as it ain't the same management or staff that got them.

Advertisement