Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Chipper

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

There is not one good chipper in tramore these days!!,and none in Waterford up to much neither:(:( i really miss cusacks beachgrill was always amazing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The new place in Beachgrill isnt bad. Tonys can be a bit hit and miss I guess.

In Waterford - Cleaboy Chipper seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Since this post is still going I'll put in my 2 cents worth. I've had fish and chips from Dooleys (Cunninghams) several times since they took over and I thought they were very good. The batter was nice and crispy, good piece of fish, the only possible complaint is there are sometimes too many of those overcooked chip bits. Chicken is nice too, they only do thighs, drumsticks and wings, and if you ask for particular pieces you will get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I'm getting very sick of Ireland becoming "eastern europe" regarding staffing.
    Everyone is blaming Finna fail for the state of this country....Is it not the business people of ireland employing these people and putting the irish people on the dole? If I had another business and especally a chipper in a small town I would ONLY employ Irish staff...your making a statement by not supporting local familys that have built your businesses up in the past when times were good. And the irish do know how to cook a good fish and chip..ever have a fish or chip in Poland or Russia? think about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Every chipper in Tramore has Irish staff... (at least most of them do). Polish etc. are fully entitled to work and it would not be permitted to refuse them based on where they are from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

Sully wrote: »
    The new place in Beachgrill isnt bad. Tonys can be a bit hit and miss I guess.

In Waterford - Cleaboy Chipper seems to be good.
    yeah , id agree with u there sully. and that place across from the old cinema used to be good aswell , but its a pizza place now.

I'm getting very sick of Ireland becoming "eastern europe" regarding staffing.
    Everyone is blaming Finna fail for the state of this country....Is it not the business people of ireland employing these people and putting the irish people on the dole? If I had another business and especally a chipper in a small town I would ONLY employ Irish staff...your making a statement by not supporting local familys that have built your businesses up in the past when times were good. And the irish do know how to cook a good fish and chip..ever have a fish or chip in Poland or Russia? think about it.
    i think when the eastern europeans came to ireland a lot of people said they were taking our jobs. in fact, in the height of the celtic tiger , the eastern euorpeans took the jobs that irish wouldnt do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

I cant believe the racism on this thread... absolutely no excuse for it.

depaor wrote: »

Tis only the one post with absolutely no grounds. Most of what he said is weak. Not sure there is much can be done on my side unless he over steps the line.

depaor wrote: »
    i hope ur not insinuating that im being racist. theres nothing racist in my comment. i presume ur referring to irish mob????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

Joe, it is not your comment i am reffering to it is the person that you quoted, that person deserves a slap on the wrist for posting that, then again I belive most people who are of those opinions dont really care.

Advertisement