Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6131, charging problems

• 05-06-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've been having trouble with my 6131 at the moment. The battery life has never been good but I was aware of that before I bought it. However last night I left it to charge overnight and in the morning it was less than half charged. I recieved some texts in the morning and it seemed to be working fine, I then put it on silent and it seemed to freeze the phone, I recieved no texts that were sent to me or any phone calls, in addition i couldn't get any network coverage (meteor). This evening i turned it off and on again and it seemed to start working normally, i then put it on to charge. It charges for 5 minutes and then stops, and I have to plug it out and back in in order to resume the charging. All of this seems to have come out of nowhere....I havent dropped the phone or stood on the charger or done any damage i can think of!
    I'm obviously going to bring the phone back to the shop to ask whats going on but I'm just wondering if anybody else has had similar problems with this or any phone and was it easily fixed? Did the phone have to be replaced or is it likely to be a problem with the charger? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Is it the one with the smaller sized plug-ins to the phone? If it is then I had a similar problem with charging a 6234 - although none of the issues with the lack of network coverage or dropped calls - just with trying to charge it...

Went back to the shop and they tried the charger they had and also tried my own... turned out to be a problem with the charger (very common for the smaller sized chargers apparently). They replaced it no quibble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Would be worth checking the charger but sounds more like a dud battery, buy a high ampage one on the likes of E-bay and they last a lot longer than originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 elephant_juice

yup its the finnicky little new charger alright! thanks for that....i was hoping it was the charger or the battery, if they need to send my phone away i'll be reduced to luggin around an early nokia relic that weighs more than a small child!

Advertisement