Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam and the cast of Jackass

• 05-06-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

--For those who saw the Steve O message from his web site about the cast of Jackass being in the SummerSlam main event and talking about what happened backstage at Raw--yes, Steve O will be in a SummerSlam main event as a wrestler. We've got a whole rundown of what happened last night, where it's going as the lead story in Monday's Observer. And yes, Steve O's tease that the match was almost called off last night is true, but as of today, it's still on.

Heres the original Steve O myspace messeage:

I really wasn't that bad last night, well, that's
    not true. I did a great job shooting my new WWE
    commercial to promote the WWE Pay Per View Summer Slam, but
    then everyone got all sorts of uptight as a result of me
    running around trying to get famous wrestlers to
    choke me unconcious for my Paparazzi Stuntman dvd (plenty
    of them were ready to do it, including Umaga, but the
    suits derailed me). I got a funny call from LA saying, "why are we getting calls
    that the main event of their WWE Summer Slam may be
    called off because of you're behaving so badly?"(The
    whole cast of jackass, minus Weeman, will be in a
    huge match for the main event). Not bothering with
    bathrooms had something to do with it to. Now, this
    is after I missed my flight that they bought me first
    class tickets on, and had to change. So, I get to
    the airport for the new flight and the guy tells me he
    can't give me a boarding pass, because I'm on a "no
    fly" list (because of that time that I lit three
    cigarettes on one of their planes and had to pay
    nineteen thousand dollar fine, knocked down from 25
    by my lawyers). So, instead of sitting in first class
    on a direct flight to Tampa (they got
    me first class again for the new flight), I went
    over to American to buy tickets to Tampa-- I flew coach,
    and had to connect in Miami, and pay for it myself.
    Sometimes I just have to laugh at what an idiot I
    can be. I can be a real ****in idiot. Love you all,
    Steve-O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

PLEASE put em in with Bob Holly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

steve-o is a knob, who is not funny and generally just a moron..

another sign of the desperation and cluelessness that exudes from wwe. it resembles wcw from the mid 90s when they brought in jay leno and dennis rodman for matches and gave a belt to david arquette..

after watching wwe for nearly 20 years i think it now officially dead to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

after watching wwe for nearly 20 years i think it now officially dead to me

Its taken this long?!

Comon man you've survived necrophilia, gay swerve weddings, drug induced weddings, evil clowns, hog farmers and 5 years of Todd Petingil. You can jump this hurdle!

Seriously, it may turn out good but I've had my fill of celebs at this stage. 1 a year is enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

dont forget big boss man speeding down a road with big show's dead father's coffin tied to his truck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

dont forget big boss man speeding down a road with big show's dead father's coffin tied to his truck!

And Bossman's poem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard about what he wrote on Myspace but I just assumed it was another case of a celebrity getting their role on a WWE show confused, like when Trump was saying he was main-eventing WM or something to that nature. But if the Observer are reporting it like that....

There was something about the USA network wanting WWE to use another celebrity last week, after Trump and K-Fed helped ratings (allegedly). I'm not really sure how much Jackass can help them though. Steve-O did a crap job of selling to Umaga on Raw a while back too, I hope he's being sent to OVW first!

On the other hand, imagine the sort of angle they could do where Cena faces his toughest challenge yet: a loada guys who set themselves on fire and staple each other and puke on him and send him down a hill on a bike with no brakes. That's main-event material right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

PLEASE put em in with Bob Holly ;)
    We live in hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Its taken this long?!

Comon man you've survived necrophilia, gay swerve weddings, drug induced weddings, evil clowns, hog farmers and 5 years of Todd Petingil. You can jump this hurdle!

Seriously, it may turn out good but I've had my fill of celebs at this stage. 1 a year is enough for me.

Lets not forget HHH - Racist extradonaire, Super Hero In Training, Kwang, Bastion Booger, Friar Ferguson, Who?, Phantasio, Al Snow as Leif Cassidy - Goofy Rocker, Made In The USA Lex Luger, Jean Pierre Lafiete - Evil Pirate and last but certainly not least, DDP being pinned by "Sara Undertaker"!

This is nothing on any of the above mentioned!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you've also left out papa shango putting a curse on the warrior,hawk falling off the titantron, the junior division, wrestlemania 9 in general,and most of 1992-96 which were the worst years in wrestling

anyone else think wrestling in general has come full circle? what i mean is in the 70s it was more adult based with the nwa and different territories,then vinny mac starts raiding/hiring talent for the wwf, hogan comes back,wins the title from the iron sheik in 1984 and bam,becomes a kid friends merchanidsing machine,those kids grow up and demand a more adult based realistic product which we get when 97 rolls around and the attitude era begins with steve austin,dx and the rock,and now its gone through another transition where its back to kid friendly marketing with john cena,lets hope its goes back to the adult version again soon

krudler wrote:
    wrestlemania 9 in general,and most of 1992-96 which were the worst years in wrestling

Call me loopy de loop, but i actually enjoyed Shawn v Tatanka and Lex v Perfect (crap ending aside).

There were worse years then some of the years you mention. For the guts of 94 you had the Bret v Owen feud which quite frankly saved the year, also Shawn was beginning to hit his stride in singles that year as well (as he was still learning how not to suck in 92 and 93). It was really only Survivor Series and Undertaker's dying crap at Royal Rumble that killed 94.

96 was also a pretty decent year i thought too, Austin debuted and made a huge impact that year, including classic matches with both Marc Mero and Bret Hart. Shawn carried everything on two legs that year as well as having classic matches with Mankind and Vader who by that stage, for all intents and purposes was a shadow of his former self (compared to his WCW days).

After Summerslam 92 and pretty much 93, Save for the Bret v Lawler feud, those years were pretty abysmal.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Are you sure it wasn't the 93 Rumble that 'Taker 'died'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is pretty desperate stuff. This might have been a big deal about 5 or 6 years ago but hardly now. It might be fun if Umaga can beat the sh*t out of Steve-O again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Minto wrote:

taker died at 94 rumble for sure.

we went through things like fake taker, the goon, Gobbledie Gooker, abe knuckleball schwartz, giant gonzales, hawaiian crush, duke the dumpster drose, the ShockMaster, red rooster, Mantaur, fake diesel/razor ramon, Isaac Yankem DDS, Repo Man, TL Hopper and the awful diva search and yet you stayed loyal :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

rossie1977 wrote:

we went through things like fake taker, the goon, Gobbledie Gooker, abe knuckleball schwartz, giant gonzales, hawaiian crush, duke the dumpster drose, the ShockMaster, red rooster, Mantaur, fake diesel/razor ramon, Isaac Yankem DDS, Repo Man, TL Hopper and the awful diva search and yet you stayed loyal :confused:

maybe because over half of those things didn't affect his career at all;)

Minto wrote:
    Taker "died" in 94, he got destroyed then eliminated by Giant Gonzeles (El Gigante) the previous year as Wippleman brought him down to destroy him after he put Kamala out a few months beforehand.

VR!

rossie1977 wrote:

One of these is not like the others for some reason as one of them never actually appeared in WWE as that particular character.
    VR!

Update from the Wrestling Observer:
    Early booking plans call for a couple of matches on the SummerSlam card featuring Jackass cast members, by themselves, or teamed with WWE faces vs WWE heels.

Shane McMahon is the one behind the upcoming Jackass angle to be played out on TV over the summer building towards SummerSlam. Shane has wanted to bring them back since the last time they were used in WWE, when they were laid out by Umaga. It was then that Shane wanted to do a longer term angle with them but Stephanie and Triple H disagreed because they felt the Jackass members could not be trusted to do the right thing for wrestling. Vince, in the middle, never gave an answer thus it was not given approval. Since the last time Jackass was on WWE TV, and up until WrestleMania, the ratings have been stong so there was no pressure for Vince to make a decision on the Jackass angle. Recently the USA Networks have come down on WWE for lower ratings and now Vince has agreed.

The last time the Jackass members were used in WWE they rubbed alot of people the wrong way by not selling to the wrestlers very good in matches. Umaga had even gotten rough with Steve O to send a message, but did not hurt him. When the WWE was in Tampa for Monday Night Raw on June 4th, Steve O was backstage pissing a lot of people off. Besides being his usual crazy self and not having dressing room etiquette, Steve O had a camera crew with him the entire time, secretly filming, for his upcoming Paparazzi Stuntman DVD. They filmed wrestlers going over finishes ahead of time. They tried filming the wrestlers changing but that was stopped. They even filmed creative going over promos and match details with wrestlers. When Vince found out about all of this he damn near cancelled the whole Jackass angle, but was talked out of it by Shane. Now it appears Shane will be playing backstage babysitter all summer and lots of people are expecting several incidents to happen.

Jackass members already signed for the angle are: Steve O, Chris Pontius, Wee-Man, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, and Preston Lacey. Johnny Knoxville has yet to agree because he is still in talks. Rake Yohn turned down the angle. Ehren McGhehey and Dave England were not offered a spot.

As previously rumored, Triple H is likely to return at SummerSlam for a match with Randy Orton. That match, along with the Jackass match(es) will be co-promoted as the main events.

SummerSlam was originally going to be used by WWE to build to the future. Original ideas included: DX vs Team RKO, Triple H vs Edge or Randy Orton, and Vince vs Rey Mysterio.

I'm kinda surprised, Stephanie and Triple H appear to be the sensible ones here. Can't say I understand Shane's thinking

Fozzy wrote:
    Can't say I understand Shane's thinking

That one's simple, PUBLICITY! It's on the same lines of getting Pete Rose at Wrestlemania 3 years in a row. Double main event? Hrm, that i don't know but it had to be better than some of the stinkeroos that shared a double main event in the past. Hogan v Earthquake (Summerslam 90)?, Hogan v Sid? (Wrestlemania VIII)?

VR!

But how much publicity are the Jackass guys going to lend? I suppose more than nothing, maybe I'm wrong and it'll make hundreds of thousands of more viewers tune in

Wasn't there a show last year where they claimed they had four main-events? WM this year was booked as a three main-event show, Summerslam will just be along the same sort of lines I'm sure

Fozzy wrote:
    Wasn't there a show last year where they claimed they had four main-events? WM this year was booked as a three main-event show, Summerslam will just be along the same sort of lines I'm sure

Well to be fair man, we knew this was gonna happen once they tri-branded all the PPVs, each main event from each brand. So pretty much all PPVs are gonna have 3 main events now. Wrestlemania from 2003 was pretty much a double main event anyway.

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement