Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got same phone twice- same prob each time

Options
  • 05-06-2007 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

In March I bought a phone from a Meteor store. I had problems with the handset, and after three weeks I had enough and brought it back. They offered me an exchange, but didn't have the phone in stock so I got a refund.I went to Carphone Warehouse, and got the same phone, thinking it was a once off problem. It wasn't. Now I've the same problem again - no one can hear me on the phone.

Here's my question - Can I get a different model? Or even a credit note? I don't want the same phone again. I have the receipt and the phone is insured. I know it's from two different stores, but would the Meteor company take into account that it's the same model?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Read your policy and find out about the insurance part. But I know with Carphone Warehouse if you go past 28 days without reporting a fault they won't help you, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You bought from two different retailers so the fact you've had two won't matter to CPW. How long ago did you buy it from CPW?

Have you tried replacing your SIM or using your SIM in another phone?

Maybe you've just been very unlucky? What phone is it out of interest?

Advertisement