Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI P6N Platinum Mainboard

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

This Mobo has an eight pin connector that is used to power the CPU (see Pic)

Four of these connections are blanked off with a removable tab.

Do I just connect the P4 connector from the power supply to the part of this block that's not blanked?

msimbcd4.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i would read the manual bud first as it p4 may need more voltage then a Core duo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Do I just connect the P4 connector from the power supply to the part of this block that's not blanked?

Yes that is correct, the motherboard features the newer 8 pin connector. If your PSU has the newer connection then you can use it, if it doesn't have it don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

8T8 wrote:
    Yes that is correct, the motherboard features the newer 8 pin connector. If your PSU has the newer connection then you can use it, if it doesn't have it don't worry about it.

Beat me to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

8T8 wrote:

Just so I'm fully clear 8T8 & Anti,

Yes the board has the new 8 pin with four blanked & my Hiper power supply has a P4 4pin connector.

Are you saying "YES" to plugging the P4 4 pin into the part of the connector that's not blanked?

Thanks lads.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep Thats correct mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anti wrote:
    Yep Thats correct mate.

Much appreciated :)

-

Advertisement