Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to transfer money from abroad to your Irish bank account?

Options
  • 06-06-2007 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

hi all
    I need to pay my credit card bill badly! Does anyone know what codes etc. are required to transfer money from a non EU country (NZ) to a BOI account?
    There are IBAN numbers, BIC numbers, Swift Codes etc., it's all confusing.
    Anyone have any experience of this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you got a NZ bank account? Otherwise, you could probably use Western Union or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

well yeah of course I have an NZ account, but they require all kinds of codes etc to transfer to EU. Western Union are a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jean05

You'll have to get your IBAN number, that'll probably be on any statement.
    If your NZ bank account has online services you could probably transfer money online for little or nothing I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

I used a company called www.xe.com when I moved back to Ireland. I found them teh most reasonable and they were also very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

just contact your bank in Ireland to get your IBAN number. Simple as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

note:
    IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number.
    An IBAN and a SWIFT code are what you need to move money.

And it's incredibly easy once you provide them.

Advertisement