Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good luck to anyone starting exams today.

Options
  • 06-06-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

We're all in it together lads! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Good luck all. Though if you're reading this, you're on boards mid exam, hence you're probably fucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Yup, good luck!

*dances around outside system giggling*

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Thanks guys.

Maths was not nice.
    Leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Raphael wrote:
    Good luck all. Though if you're reading this, you're on boards mid exam, hence you're probably fucked.

...that was only true for about 3 hours. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Best of luck to y'all.........(although 'today' is currently yesterday.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Undergod wrote:
    Three critical hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Ah maths could've been a lot worse. Irish was lovely though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

carlowboy wrote:
    Ah maths could've been a lot worse. Irish was lovely though :D
    Junior Cert or Leaving Cert? Cause JC maths made me cry inside.

Carlowboy'd be talking about LC maths, cause he was a five year freak in 06.

4 not 5 :(

• Advertisement

Really? Wonder where I picked up that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Undergod wrote:

...per exam.

Anyone do History today? Anybody have slight paralysis because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

History, and whoever wrote that paper, can suck my balls, because that was one horrendously bad exam. I'm not going to say I deserve so much better, because I was pretty much bluffing, but I don't think it was a fair exam.

I've only two left! Physics on Monday which should be grand and Economics which I'm slightly worried about :D

History, and whoever wrote that paper, can suck my balls, because that was one horrendously bad exam. I'm not going to say I deserve so much better, because I was pretty much bluffing, but I don't think it was a fair exam.

But deV came up! You have to be happy if deV came up!

What didn't you like? What sections are you doing in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The whole country went apeshít over it ffs, even Delap was in the Irish Times saying it wasn't a fair paper at all. and yeah, de Valera was cool, didn't like having to bluff CnaG though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Delap, what a brilliant teacher, teaches in my school, must've been really bad so, glad I didn't choose it for next year. Any idea why they made it so hard? Maths higher level paper 2 last year was so challenging mainly because uni lecturers (particularly physics ones) were giving out that students can't think laterally, reckon anything similar caused this?

From what I gather, everyone was expecting a question on Anglo-Irish between '32 and '39, and went completely mad when it became a question from '23 to '49. Also, Nazi propaganda was tipped but characteristics of the Nazi stae came up.

My class was okay because our teacher knows lots of people and gave us a page of tips before the end of school that had pretty much everything that came up in the exam, including Belfast during World War 2. Mwahahah! Take that, Delap! (Not that I know who Delap is, because people in the country don't tend to read Dublin teachers in the Irish Times)

Physics was actually dire on Monday. Finished now though. Yay.

Advertisement