Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need remote Internet access solution please

Options
  • 06-06-2007 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the best place for this one, but:

I need to set my laptop up so I can access the Internet from anywhere in Ireland (Republic & Northern if possible). What's the best way to do it? I need advice on both hardware and software please.

The connection doesn't need to be lightning fast but it must be as strong, stable and reliable as possible.

Do I need to involve a mobile phone, or is there a PC card or some kind of USB thingy that will connect direct?

Also, any idea what it will cost, and who might be the best providers?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I imagine all of the mobile telcos will provide a similar product/service but here's a link to a Vodafone offering.

That's your starting point. I'n sure you're able to research the other providers yourself.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

One thing people tend to forget is to keep an eye out for free wireless hotspots and one you can pay for too and that you can bill to your company :) You might find alot of wireless in different places and it'd be a lot cheaper than 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Thanks lads, 3G is the answer so...

Like the look of that Vodafone thingy, and 3 have something similar:
    http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm

Cheers again.

Advertisement