Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think?

Options
  • 06-06-2007 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

A guy in my office did the video below, its his first project of this kind. Personally I think its great but I'd love some feedback to give him:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Whoa! That was stunning! I loved the atmosphere, gritty characters, dark lighting, and the twist ending. Coupled with some equally awesome music, this is damn near one of the greatest music videos ever. That man (Eoin, I believe?) deserves a pat on the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You are not wrong, its faultless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I think it's boring! Badly animated, not to the point, and well, just plain crap...............so crap that how it is his first project (1st time doing 3D you say) this animation has inspired me to go and spend my entire day downloading Bender and all sorts of Beginner Manuals and spend the next few months dipping my toe into 3D. Truely is great work and of fantastic qualilty, absolutely flawless animation.

And 6th, I can FINALLY understand what the hell your sig is (I never bothered to click on it :p). Odd, but cool character design.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The main character's skin texture, is it just me or does it remind anyone else of planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Rabies wrote:
    The main character's skin texture, is it just me or does it remind anyone else of planet?

Ha Ha :D Get out of my head, that's exactly what I thought when I 1st saw the protaganist. It looked like a texture I used for a brown planet I made in Photoshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The skin is wood but alot of people think its jupiter. He's heading off traveling for a while so he wont be doing another project for a while which is a pity because he should strike while people are talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

:eek: wow:eek:

very nice indeed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Absolutely deadly, I loved the character design and the mood pervading the whole thing... three thumbs up (I borrowed an extra thumb)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

That was excellent!

I'm glad I clicked over tot his forum that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Animad

I know this is a very late post but I was going back through the threads in this form and stumbled upon this.

This video is absolutely inspiring :eek: For a first time project that is of much better quality then most final year college projects in animation.

I love the lighting and weight of the main character.

It's almost three years later and this is still astounding people. Your friend has/had an amazing talent! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Was very nice i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jennypaul2009

lolll this is amazing loved the opening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

i take it the songs not your friends band, its tool or someone like that?.... im sorry but whats with the blob of sh1t walkin around,any point to this? the backgrounds are nice and clear did ur friend do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just saw this now. The animation is excellent. Really good.

Like the characters, would have liked maybe a change of mood / colour at some point to keep interest going, but liked it.

Not a huge fan of the song mind you, but the video is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurixxx

Are you blind people??????????
    Well, I`ll keep in mind, that animation was done in 2005.
    Who said that this puzle of primitives was rigged and keyframed well.
    Everything is just to slow.Ofcourse,its verry easy tu glue on couple triangles (I mean-legs)instead of proper polygon modeling.Walking cycle is terrible. And no idea,what was it all about.Mostly I was laughing in the end when I saw all those building clones. Is it so dificult to adjust the hight and lenth a little bit .Well,you know,its his fist project,not bad for the first one.But its definetly not great,like most of you said.
    Sorry if I made any mistakes...English is not my native language..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

laurixxx wrote: »
    Everything is just to slow.Ofcourse,its verry easy tu glue on couple triangles (I mean-legs)instead of proper polygon modeling.Walking cycle is terrible. And no idea,what was it all about.Mostly I was laughing in the end when I saw all those building clones. Is it so dificult to adjust the hight and lenth a little bit .Well,you know,its his fist project,not bad for the first one.But its definetly not great,like most of you said.

Way to endear yourself with post No. 1 ........

BTW, welcome - I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

laurixxx wrote: »

:eek: Talk the talk but can you walk the walk ..... you got anyting better.
    It's good either way you look at it i wouldnt say its bad. Not a 3d person myself but eh still enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurixxx

Will you please guys comment on the video,not on my opinion :)
    If everybody will go on telling him "its brrrrilliant" ,he will start to believe in it.I wish him best luck in the future,I can see alot of potencial,but fr the moment he needs to learn more.

Advertisement