Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making purchases without vat number

• 06-06-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

good morning

I have received my business reg number but not my vat number. if i start purchasing items for the business now can i put them down as a business expense yet or do i have to wait till i get my vat number before claiming against the business. I realise that i probably wont be able to claim vat but there are some small things i need to buy and im willing to sacrifise the vat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

Once you start trading and the expenses are valid (wholly and exclusively for the business ect...) you can claim them as business expenses. The VAT number doesnt affect this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 firefix

Great, Thanks for that advice. i presume i have to have a vat number to claim back vat (although i should have it in a few days). I want to buy quite a few things for the business so maybe im better off waiting for the number.

Advertisement