Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure how to go about this

Options
  • 06-06-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be marrying my soul mate in a little under two weeks and I’m really looking forward to it.

She has kids from a previous relationship however and they want to take my name too, can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about this, if it’s feasible even.

I’m not even sure if this is the right forum for this but as ever any help will be very gratefully received.

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 asti_mivec

Hi Joe,

Congratulations on the wedding, I hope it all went well. I am in a similar position to yourself where my fiancé has a child from a previous relationship who I would like to adopt when we get married. I won't be getting married for another 18 months or so, but would like to find out if you managed to do this easily and how one would go about this.

Thanks,
    Barry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats to both of you:)

If your parners were married to the fathers of the kids,it may pose alot of issues for you or may not actually be possible but you should be able to find all the info you need from :

http://www.adoptionboard.ie/

Rach

Advertisement