Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Euro Qualifiers

• 06-06-2007 12:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Andorra v Israel, 17:00
    Armenia v Poland, 16:30
    Bosnia-Herzegovina v Malta, 19:15
    Bulgaria v Belarus, 18:00
    Croatia v Russia, 19:30
    Estonia v England, 19:30
    Faroe Islands v Scotland, 17:15
    Finland v Belgium, 18:15
    France v Georgia, 20:00
    Germany v Slovakia, 19:30
    Greece v Moldova, 19:30
    Kazakhstan v Azerbaijan, 14:00
    Latvia v Denmark, 19:30
    Liechtenstein v Spain, 19:30
    Lithuania v Italy, 19:45
    Luxembourg v Albania, 19:15
    Norway v Hungary, 18:00
    Romania v Slovenia, 19:00
    Sweden v Iceland, 19:15

Obviously of most interest to us is the Slovakia game - I take it we would be more then happy for Germany to run riot in this match. Wont happen but we would prefer them to win I think.

England will be thinking their game with Estonia is easy. On one level it is but the pressure is firmly on England. If the unthinkable happens and they lose then they are in big trouble. If they draw it may just suffice but they really should win.

Scotland FTW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

Definitely Scotland FTW.

Im hoping Georgia can hold France to a draw, though highly unlikely. Lithuania will more than likely get thumped by the Italians, but as long as we win tonight - Ill b happy for another 3 points racked up and let the worry wait for the last couple of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Agreed, i think by now a German qualification is a foregone conclusion. A mere one point move might look good on paper but unless they follow it with a run of awfrul games its nothing, the Slovaks gaining a point, or even 3, is certainly not what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

darkman2 wrote:
    Obviously of most interest to us is the Slovakia game - I take it we would be more then happy for Germany to run riot in this match. Wont happen but we would prefer them to win I think.
    Why won't it happen? They beat Slovakia 4-1 away from home.
    Should be an easy enough match for Ze Germans and hopefully they'll win. If they do it'll put the Slovs of 9pts. for 7 plyd while we'd be on 13 for 7.

anyone know a place which would be showing the Scotland game tonight lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

odonnell wrote:
    anyone know a place which would be showing the Scotland game tonight lads?
    Well it's on SS1 so any pub would be able to show it.

• Advertisement

i know mate - last time i tried to find a pub that would show it, i failed - everyone was showing the English game instead.

They COULD show it, but im lookin for a pub that WOULD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

odonnell wrote:
    i know mate - last time i tried to find a pub that would show it, i failed - everyone was showing the English game instead.

They COULD show it, but im lookin for a pub that WOULD :)

The Scotland games an early kick off mate, 5:15 i think, so it doesnt clash with any of the other games the pub might be showing.

outstanding.... just need to be nice to the man here and maybe he'll let me off early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

darkman2 wrote:
    Andorra v Israel, 17:00
    Armenia v Poland, 16:30
    Bosnia-Herzegovina v Malta, 19:15
    Bulgaria v Belarus, 18:00
    Croatia v Russia, 19:30
    Estonia v England, 19:30
    Faroe Islands v Scotland, 17:15
    Finland v Belgium, 18:15
    France v Georgia, 20:00
    Germany v Slovakia, 19:30
    Greece v Moldova, 19:30
    Kazakhstan v Azerbaijan, 14:00
    Latvia v Denmark, 19:30
    Liechtenstein v Spain, 19:30
    Lithuania v Italy, 19:45
    Luxembourg v Albania, 19:15
    Norway v Hungary, 18:00
    Romania v Slovenia, 19:00
    Sweden v Iceland, 19:15

England will be thinking their game with Estonia is easy. On one level it is but the pressure is firmly on England. If the unthinkable happens and they lose then they are in big trouble. If they draw it may just suffice but they really should win.

Scotland FTW.

So how come Ireland weren't playing last weekend in a friendly ? or tonight for that matter ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

odonnell wrote:
    outstanding.... just need to be nice to the man here and maybe he'll let me off early.

Im sure he'll be persuaded mate, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Was watching the Scotland highlights, Faroes didnt put up a bad fight and were very unlucky not to score with a lovely run and chip over the goalie towards the end that hit the bar.

Beckham played well for England and Cole had a great but chancy goal. Got the result but I dunno, it looked at times in the beginning the Estonians could hold them to nil all, theyre a pretty poor team though, barely a shot near the goal. Unfortunately for us, beating us at home is probably the Slovaks last roll of the dice, and theyll be determined as even with that theyd have to rely on a string of mess ups by us and the rest. 2-1 Germany at home, and one of them an own goal, theyre not unbeatable by any means re Croker.

Advertisement