Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the SMART B/band flyer in D15 yesterday?

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Just curiuos, did any one get this? the SMART site says Blanch is not on thier build programme....... and the flyer says it available in my area, could this be a mistake? :confused::confused:

Also, if available is it worth it over Eircon?

(btw my house is on the blanch exchange)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes, you in/around Clonee per chance? I got one of those flyers yesterday, having only checked my number recently and failed, so I just tried again there.

Guess what? :rolleyes: Yep, still fails.

Nothing surprises me anymore with Irish telcos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Smart is most definitely worth it over Eircom although you currently need to change your phone number.

Not Smart's doing but Eircom/Comreg's fault.

Smart's website is currently advertising the standard package at 3Mb/sec but I think it should be 4Mb/sec (256Kb/sec upload)...i think Smart seemed to have reverted back to an older version of the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It seems they leaflet dropped the whole of the d15 area while they don't have any of the exchanges enabled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The checker says I'm not enabled for Smart and I'm flying along with them.

Smart over Eircom is absolutely worth it, unless you particularly enjoying paying over the odds for a crappy product.

136266724.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I got one in the door too and when I check my line is now enabled.

I currently have NTL 6mb line and despite what is said here it has only gone down for a couple of hours once in a year.

Is it worth moving ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

For me the big disadvantage of NTL is having to take their TV package - I've got Sky+ way, way better! Also have had smart for the last couple of years and have found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I got it, still failed... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I got it, still failed... :(

Don't take any of the online checkers as definitive - ring Smart and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I called them and they say my line can only manage 3 mb, and that thier serivce would not work, I called eircom and they said that was bulllllllll

do these guys do market or area research before they leaflet drop..........

do the use DSL2 in Blanch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'm in Huntstown myself and i got one in the door the other day and when i check it i get

" Your phone number ********* is serviced by the BLANCHARDSTOWN exchange.
    This exchange is on the Smart Broadband Network.

Your phone line is broadband capable. Would you like to sign up? "

i'm on NTL 6 Meg at the moment and have had no problems with it so far so i think i'll stay where i am for now but it's always nice to have extra options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like Smart are reading this thread! :D:D:D

I just checked again based on the post above, and now my number passes. So it looks like the Blanch exchange is enabled.

Like a few of the other D15 heads, I too am on NTL and aside from a bad week of on/off service (I think down to new houses being cabled in the area), the service has been very good. Always get the full 3Mb down/300k up.

I'm nervous about changing I must say.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

As a BT customer I'd like to leave due to their billing service, but technically their broadband it's great. Good pings and no down time. Can anyone comment on the ping times and reliability of smart broadband?

Thanks,
    LK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Drapper wrote:
    Just curiuos, did any one get this? the SMART site says Blanch is not on thier build programme....... and the flyer says it available in my area, could this be a mistake? :confused::confused:

Also, if available is it worth it over Eircon?

(btw my house is on the blanch exchange)

Surprised that there are any BB providers you haven't tried Drapper :D

I got the Smart Flyer too, I doubt my line would pass though. How has Eircom been for you compared to NTL?

Advertisement