Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Odyessy 99 Timing Belt

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I have to get the timing belt done on the above car .Could anybody on here advise if there are any other jobs that should be done at the same time ie water pumps pulleys and the like . It is a 2.3 petrol engine auto i think the engine is the same as the accord of the same time.Also could anybody say how much approx. this work would cost. It is the RA3 model (older shape) new shape starts from 99 on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Inspection of water pump, pulleys, etc is all that's required. They're replaced only if necessary.

That engine has a belt driven balancer shaft. The balancer belt runs alongside the timing belt and has to be changed at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Thanks for the response have you any idea on how much i should expect to pay for this ,not main dealer prices .

200 euro for parts and labour. TBH *some* of the main dealers wouldn't charge much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

€200 seems very low for parts and labour?

A friend paid €220 all in, to have *all* belts done in an Accord (similar engine to Ody) only last week.

Last time I got a belt done it cost €200 (just timing belt).

Some main dealers will charge about €250-€270 for the same job.

You could pay probably up to €500 to have a belt done, but there's no need to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement