Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No posting on Cool Vids and Pics? Ive never even posted there!

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Whats the craic with this? Seeing as I only got broadband yesterday (the oul one being one of these types who still lives in 1984 and sees no need for it, Im currently stocking up on stolen music and hardcore about 2 years after everyone else) I never used the forum before, now I dont have posting privilidges, like I was banned? Whats it about?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

were you banned from After-hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Once, for a month odd.

For some reason a mod took exception to me saying some guy who claimed he uses a universal remote to change the tv down the pub during vital moments in football matches deserved to be glassed if the fans caught him. Totally uncalled for imo but anyway, that was months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shane86 wrote:
    Once, for a month odd.

For some reason a mod took exception to me saying some guy who claimed he uses a universal remote to change the tv down the pub during vital moments in football matches deserved to be glassed if the fans caught him. Power tripping if you ask me but anyway, that was months ago.

Wow you're a delightful fello.

I didnt say Id do it myself, I said that if some drunken viewers caught him doing it its no less than he would deserve for interrupting it during a vital match.

Even if they were united fans :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

"I wouldn't do it myself, I'd incite others to do it" doesn't make it nice.

Did you contact the moderators of that forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Posts in that forum are moderated first, they have to be approved. Is this what you're complaining about? You have access as far as I can see.

EDIT: Actually no, you are banned from that forum. Did the moderator not PM you when you were banned?

I dont currently, when logged in it doesnt display any link to the forum on the drop down. When in the forum if I log in i get the no access yokey.
    ecksor wrote:
    "I wouldn't do it myself, I'd incite others to do it" doesn't make it nice.

Incite? Its the same as saying the idiot I saw the other day rollerblading down the middle of the motorway deserved to be run over. It doesnt mean I am urging anyone to actually kill him.

edit- Ive never posted in the forum scojones, I cant be banned from it unless it was under the AH ban.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52901587&postcount=108

That was my ban (dragged from PM). Funny, afrter re reading the PM i was actually banned for calling him a pathetic person under personal abuse rules (wording I chose to avoid a ban incidentally as how that can be viewed as abusive I dont know, but anyway)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I know I don't moderate AH, but if you were trying to get a Politics ban overturned, the words "cold day in hell" spring to mind based on what I've read on this thread so far.

Ok, you've posted there 5 times in that forum as far as I can tell. I do not see why you are banned.

But i wasnt banned in the first place, thats the point :confused:
    ecksor wrote:
    Ok, you've posted there 5 times in that forum as far as I can tell. I do not see why you are banned.

Threads that were moved from AH far as im aware. Ive never looked in the forum more than 4 odd times what with my until now crap connection.

• Advertisement

It was Karoma who banned you from After Hours. I suggest sending him a PM.

ecksor: If you ban someone from After Hours they are banned from the sub forums too, I'm fairly sure unbanning them unbans from all of the sub forums, or could this be a bug?

Either way shane86, send Karoma a PM.

shane86 wrote:
    But i wasnt banned in the first place, thats the point :confused:

You are definitely banned from that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Were you posting about football in After Hours by any chance?

That's a banning offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

AH bans apply to the AH sub-fora as well. Are you still banned from AH? Can you post there? If not, then that is your problem and you should discuss having the ban lifted with the nice, friendly AH mods ;).

r3nu4l: The ban is not in place on After Hours but is on the sub forum Cool Pics and Vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

scojones wrote:
    r3nu4l: The ban is not in place on After Hours but is on the sub forum Cool Pics and Vids.
    Thanks sjones, I hadn't seen your first reply when I was typing my own.

So he has to PM Karoma? Good luck with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Am I banned too actually or it could just be that I have threads pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you are banned from a forum, you will receive a message when you attempt to view the forum saying "<username>, you do not have permission to view this page...." etc.

If you can view the forum and create new threads, you're not banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cheers seamus, should really have know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As per PM: Ban lifted from Cool Crap sub-forum. Sorry for the delays.

You were banned for the threatening crap, crappy personal abuse, and other crap. I make no apologies for the ban.

• Advertisement

Herr Karoma to the rescue!

Advertisement