Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercool my pc

Options
  • 06-06-2007 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Im fed up having a pc that sounds like a hoover in my room, so i want to watercool my rig.
    My current pc:
    Mobo EVGA 680i
    Cpu E6600
    Ram 2G Xms2
    Gpu BFG 8800Gtx
    Sound Xfi
    Psu OCZ 700w

All the components will be going into this case.

I just need some advice on what components are best and what the best way to have the components setup in my pc.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im gonna use pc-look.com for all these parts, as their prices are dirt cheap and their service is great.

Cpu block
    Gpu Block
    Hdd Block
    Res
    Pump with small built in res
    Tubing
    Rad dual 120mm You can go bigger though.
    Fluid
    Fittings You will need a fair few of these, and they are pretty expensive.

Thats about all you need. I can lend you stuff like the kit for jump starting the psu to get the flow going without turning on your pc. But a bit of wire can do it just as good. You can add loads of fancy stuff too. Like uv tubing and liquid. Inline water temp probes ect ect ect. But the most important thing would be decent fans for your rad. You want something quiet but something that pushed alot of air. I got 3 of these for my tripple rad. 68cfm at only 22db.

I only went for a double as that case looks quite small. but you could co larger. but im assuming you want to keep it neat looking too.

Best of luck with the build :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

thats the thing, that case only has two fan holes both 120mm.

how would i mount a double/triple rad.

i was thinking of mounting two single rads inside the case as i want the case to be as small as possible

You would be better with one double/tripple rad ontop of the case. You could even mount it in a perspex sub case. And have the fan on top holding the rad in mid air. if you get me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah i know what u mean, but theres no fan hole on the top of the case, just one at the front and one at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

This might be of interested

Link

Looks prity cool :)

• Advertisement

It been done for years now. And it does actually work.

Advertisement