Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the easiest method of inserting one pic into another?

Options
  • 06-06-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I need to make a very basic montage that places one picture in the window of a building in another picture. So I need to crop it to fit and place it. I've actually got to do a few of them. I don't know how to use or have photoshop so I'm looking for some simple program that I can do this without having to go on a 2 week training course. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Hmm, photoshop would be best however not worth the money for such a small project. Download GIMP, it's free and lets you work with layers. Will take a few hours to get the hang of it.

Alternatively email me the pictures and I'll do it for you in a flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hmm, photoshop would be best however not worth the money for such a small project. Download GIMP, it's free and lets you work with layers. Will take a few hours to get the hang of it.

Alternatively email me the pictures and I'll do it for you in a flash?

Great reply! I might take you up on that. The thing is I'd love to be able to do it myself whenever I need so I'll download GIMP and see how I get on. If I'm floundering I'll give you a shout.;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can do a very basic version of this in MS paint (shock!)
    you can copy an image from one instance of paint into another and move it about and scale it. Now you can't skew or distort like in the GIMP or photshop just change its size and aspect ratio but its a start maybe.

But I'd say using the GIMP is probably the best way, much more fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

frobisher wrote:
    The thing is I'd love to be able to do it myself

Couldn't agree more. Basic photo manipulation appears to be a must have for regular internet peebs. It's also very simple to get the hang of too.

Best of luck, if you need a shout give me a shout :cool:

Advertisement