Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement door hinges

• 06-06-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get replacement door hinges ? I have replaced some previously, but it was a bit hit and miss. I got them in Charles Camping, but it involved scraping around in the bottom of a big box of bits and pieces and finding one or two that might suit.

I have noticed another hinge about to fail and I want to head off the possibility of the door falling off while tootling down the motorway during the Summer.

The one about to go is the bottom hinge in the attached image - you can see a crack working up from the bottom and to the left of the screws.

I do have a replacement bottom part, but it has two small screw holes instead of the one big one and from the look of it, I will not be able to use both screw holes because one of them will be over a part of the door frame which is recessed (so nowhere for the screw to bite).

Does anyone know anywhere that might have a range of hinges so I can have a look and get one that would fit better, rather than just buying whatever hinge they have and hoping for the best ?

Thanks,

z

Comments

Advertisement