Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sat to point at?

• 06-06-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

If I wanted to get a new dish and point it westwards (east facing has trees), what satellite(s) would be best?

Looking for English speaking stations or footy/sports stations.

Aside from the dish, what receiver/decoders etc would I need?

Slumped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

30 west probably has the most channels, mostly from spain and portugal, a good few fta.

theres an occasional feed for rte on 34 west but nothing else.

a few french channels on 5 west.

nbc feeds from usa used to be fta on 15 west but i think they are encrypted now.

italian channels on 12 west.

lots of channels on 7 west fta as well but the satellite footprint is aimed at north africa and the middle east so you would need a least
    2m dish for any sort of reception.

1 west is for nordic countries but again a big dish is needed and i dont think theres a lot fta.

look at lyncsat for more info.

any fta decoder will do, if you plan to get a subscription you will need a decoder with a ci slot or built in cam.

i dont think theres much in english bar news channels, but there are a few channels that show sport. look at lj's football site for listings.

Advertisement