Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent espresso cups in dublin????

Options
  • 06-06-2007 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? I am looking for fairly traditional, white preferably, reasonably thick cup with the inside being rounded on the bottom rather than flat.

I've tried a few places and not found anything better than the fairly crappy cups I already have.

A set of illy cups would do the job even.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Have you looked around House Of Fraser? big kitcen department....huge selection of cups, not sure if any suit your taste but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I Bought some Gaggia expresso cups in Brown Thomas a year ago. They came in two sizes, single and double. They were white, thick, and the bottom was moulded, rather than flat.

When heated, they retain the heat, make sure the coffee stays hot and prolong the crema.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Just to update this. I bought 4 cups and saucers in Brown Thomas on the 6/6 (before White Horse posted). I did notic the Gaggia cups White Horse mentioned - they seemed to be only for demoing the machines... but I asked anyway and they came back with a box of 6... for €30-odd. That set the alarm bells going - appearing too cheap for decent branded cups, I took a cup out and while superficially similar, they where thin and had flat interior bottoms. However, luckily there were some other non-branded cups and saucers on display, which were individually priced and fitted the bill.

For anyone who is interested they are d'ANCAP cups.

Advertisement