Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Poker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

just stick up posters all around campus and start running tournaments, dont worry about sticking a society sticker on them imo, and also try to get a few cash games goin run on a decent basis.
    I dont mind coming down on thurs or w/e to help you out, and i can deal the cash games for the going rate. you need publicity though, and get yourself down to the freshers tent asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

I'm on the UCC PokerSoc committee which dougee ran last year. Unfortunately he's left college now so I'll prob have to do most of the running of it this year.

We ran it as a 10 euro in + 2 euro reg every Monday and at the start got fields of 100+, we averaged out to about 50 - 60 a week.

The 2 euro reg was used to buy chips, cards, felt, etc. The remaining money went to a free end of year tournament for all the weekly winners and the top ten on the leaderboard who hadn't won. We also ran a 10 euro heads-up tournament at the end of the year where we matched the prizepool.

With large fields we could comfortably pay ten places and still have significant money for the top three. Towards the end of the year we had to drop to six places to give the top three decent money.

With decent fields and time constraints the structure wasn't fantastic but the best players made the final table regularly so it wasn't that bad. We had 15 minute blind levels starting at 25/50 and a 1500 starting stack.

I didn't see too many posters around the place throughout the year but dougee did send out a good few e-mails. We also ran a poker class once or twice last year just to teach the basics.

Honestly, I don't think the place would have run if it weren't for the work dougee put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

We've been trying to get a weekly cash game or sng going in the student centre, Most people can make it on Thursdays at around 5, first one hopefully we be on the 27th...

Who?
    What time?
    What tables?
    What chips?

I will play obviously. Tommy Gunne will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

this madden right?

There are a few lads interested should be 7-8 handed, mostly the usual suspects from last year,

We can just ask for the key to get the tables out of the store room,

I'll bring in my set of chips and ruari offered to aswell if that isn't enough,

if student centre doesn't work we can always play in forum bar.

Tis me

I think we should use ruairi's, he has the fulltilt ones. It just means that cheatings sonsabitches cant bring in their own chips.

I will crush this game.

• Advertisement

i was thinkin of marking my chips, but if it prob makes more sense to just use ruairi's,

lol you been playin much then? i just can't wait to run one of my monster bluffs on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Who?
    What time?
    What tables?
    What chips?

I will play obviously. Tommy Gunne will too.

So whats the details....

I'm assuming Thursday around 5 or so....

Looks like Thursday at 5. I'll speak to Badbeat about it and we'll post full details here on monday or so.

Looks like Thursday at 5. I'll speak to Badbeat about it and we'll post full details here on monday or so.
    .5/1? or 1/2 2/5?
    also will there be a dealer? do you need one?

Not too sure yet. Will hopefully have it all sussed by monday, I will probably deal if not playing.

• Advertisement

Not too sure yet. Will hopefully have it all sussed by monday, I will probably deal if not playing.
    pm

pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Am up for it too...
    Surprisingly...

Valooooooooooooooooooo!

We should play 25/50 or 50/1 so newbs can join, I doubt some randomer is gonna wanna sit into a 2/5 game,

I don't think we need a dealer but if one person wants to deal for evry1 and play at the same time thats fine by me...

Check your PM's Badbeat.

didn't get it yet, try resending

OK so this is what I am proposing.

Monday I am going to go around and stick up some posters. I have no problem being the "organiser" of this for the first few weeks but I am also sure that there are many others willing to help. I'm going to go down and try book the centre bar or lobby for 5. If it is available I propose .

25c/50c NL 10euro min/ 100euro cap

50c/€1 NL 30euro min/ 200euro cap

I will be down to set up around half 4 or so. Hopefully I can get through to rory about his chips.

If all goes well, I will see about chip purchasing and the running of MTT or STT for future weeks.

didn't get it yet, try resending

Didn send it. Not arsed.

check pms

• Advertisement

Also, if games run late they may be continued at my current abode. Lifts provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I shall be up for it as well, and i guess i can bring my chips along. and me can get tall mark (ginger man) to come along as well.

Ah tall mark.... easy to steam up, should be fun. Rory, Msn please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sound. when the fish dry up online i can head over to ucd ;)

When you come over luke Im going to write "200euro added" on the posters.

Also,

What does everyone think of having 6max tables?

Also if anyone here or in UCD who is interested in this whole pokere stuff, Msn me on spmadden@hotmail.com or PM me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

We should play 25/50 or 50/1 so newbs can join, I doubt some randomer is gonna wanna sit into a 2/5 game,

I don't think we need a dealer but if one person wants to deal for evry1 and play at the same time thats fine by me...

this sounds good to me, but if we manage to attract some newbies i would think that they would prefer to play a STT rather than cash ...so we should keep our options open....Maybe run both if numbers allow.

also i'll be more than willing to help out whenever i have any spare time....

What does everyone think of having 6max tables?
    Full ring FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

I take it this is all highly illegal? :D
    I was dying to get some low stakes action goin last year but Conor was afraid we'd be shut down.

If it becomes a regular thing I'd donate the odd week.

• Advertisement

We will not be playing cash games. They are illegal.

Advertisement