Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HUGE Limerick flag

Options
  • 06-06-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

i heard on 95fm this morning that as limerick is in the munster simi final (gaa) that there was a flag being built, at the moment it stands just over 100 feet long by 60 feet. does anyone know where this is or does anyone have any pics of it?
    it was funny they were saying on the radio that they ran out of green and white thread and need more if anyone was willing to give it in! madness!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

where are Limerick going wrong, limerick won 3 under 21's in a row and still have not come up to the mark ?????????.how do limerick fancy there chances, i hear that Tipperary have a few injury problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Alcohol. Half the panel are serious drinkers and the other half are drunks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I once saw a Munster player drying his shirt out of the window ..... down by the new bridge .... ;)

mcrrc9.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

*squints* Looks like stringers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Clearly were not to fond of the GAA in Limerick... how sad:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not at all, I'd love them to win, but when you have senior panel members going on the piss (not just one or 2 drinks, which would be bad enough) 3 or 4 days before a Championship match, as they did before the offaly game 2 years ago, why should we be fond of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

it hard to appreciate the effort that these lads put in when you see them drinking and enjoying life like all the rest of us. the best of luck on Sunday, i hope limerick win (up the Deise)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya I agree amazotheamazing I'm sure this is one of the reasons why GAA has gotten less popular in Limerick over the years and being replaced by Rugby and Football(soccer)

Personally I love sports and play for bruff rugby club but am not the slightest bit interested in GAA

Nah hurling is a great sport (GAA football is muck though) but Limerick have been underachieving for years, it's hard to keep interest going when the fans feel cheated of success. If we'd no good players it'd almost be better, but we know we have some very talented guys who just don't seem to be able to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Nah hurling is a great sport (GAA football is muck though) but Limerick have been underachieving for years, it's hard to keep interest going when the fans feel cheated of success. If we'd no good players it'd almost be better, but we know we have some very talented guys who just don't seem to be able to step up.

i cant say i agree. underachieving- limerick just arent good enough to win an all ireland. its a good performance today, but when limerick come up against the likes of cork and kilkenny they are nowhere near.

Dont know how the fans feel cheated when the team isn't good enough!

• Advertisement

I dunno, we pushed Cork to a point last year. There is plenty of good players in the panel but they nerve seem to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

whats the story with this flag???

Advertisement