Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jackpot 40 tonight?!?!

• 06-06-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

yes no maybe!?!?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

According to the website it's 15 + 3, tonight is Wednesday night right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

According to the website it's 15 + 3, tonight is Wednesday night right?

On the other thread Dukebox said it had changed to a $40+5 freezeout, but later it states with top-up. Can someone confirm if this is freeze out or rebuy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

freezeout. 40 euro + 3 reg. 4000 chips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I may play this or I may be in a little later for a cash game. Need a new home now that the Fitz is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i think ill be in to donate now that both jeff and oscar are playing no-one has a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ditpoker wrote:
    freezeout. 40 euro + 3 reg. 4000 chips...
    I might play, should be better than thursday, which is the devils game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Came third in this, looks like Mellor won it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Must not of been too many runners if its over this early or am I wrong?

2 tables... anto 10th, think i didnt turn up... i paid, i had a stack, thats about all...

came fourth,played like a donkey. went broke in cash but played half decent, is it a coincidence?

• Advertisement

came second, was pretty big chip leader heads up and manage to get it in with 10,10 vrs A2, of course he spiked an ace, was still about 10K ahead after that (78k in play) i raised with J10, flop came 10,5,6, i bet he is all in, i call he has 10,6 and im short stacked, got it back to to 30k, and pushed a turn with mid pair, flush draw and a gutshot, he called with KK and nothing hit
    you have to win your races, i was very unlucky heads up, but in sayingthat i cant complain, i was card dead until the final table were I went on a bit of a nice run, probably looked quite manaic like, but had the goods to back it up,

Trippie wrote:
    came fourth,played like a donkey. went broke in cash but played half decent, is it a coincidence?
    Did you really not think I had a King in your second last hand? And ul Mellor

DEmeant0r wrote:
    Did you really not think I had a King in your second last hand? And ul Mellor

i knew you had one but as i said at the time you were playing so tight i thought you might fold

I wasn't that tight, I wasn't getting much hands in the final table apart from those pocket aces, I had much like 7-4, 5-2 6-4, 8-2 etc for about 85% of the whole final table.

And I wasn't folding my kings there, had a decent kicker, a 9. If the kicker was smaller than 4, I might have folded, but I was pretty much pot committed by the river. also your river bet was tiny, I would've raised you but for some reason I thought you were all in.

DEmeant0r wrote:
    And I wasn't folding my kings there, had a decent kicker, a 9. If the kicker was smaller than 4, I might have folded,

exactly that whats i was thinking that if your kicker is small you would fold and since you didnt raise me when the second king came on the flop i thought you were concerned about it since was sb versus bb i thought you would raise your bb with anything like K10 so i couldnt put you on a decent kicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The jackpot is definitely what I'll miss most of all about Ireland...

Is this tournament any use?

This was the first week I played, its only been on a week or two, but it is decent, so is the friday game, there is some level of awareness of tourney life, unlike thursday were its a case of I have outs, I might win, I'm all in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Dukebox

same again tonight everyone

€40+€5 freeze out

ill be playing ryans about quarter past eight if anyones interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

who's heading in for this? i'll be donating anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mr.Plough wrote:
    who's heading in for this? i'll be donating anyway

Ah Lukey... I mite see ya der. Serious consideration from myself about heading in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

il be there probably

ill be in, hopefully i wont be getting as many sick beats as i was last week with the cash action afterwards. ill probably also be in ryans for one or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Might head in actually. It'd be my first time in the Jp.

Time?

I'll be in dependant on the weather. I'll hopefully be donating some cash on the cash tables after ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Played this - 8th of 22.

First 12 hands I had AJ which made two pair on the river for a little pot and AK three times. "I run good" methinks. Wrong.

After the first three rounds of the table I went unfeasibly card - dead. I had to resort to 3 betting all in with 63o to keep some sort of playable stack. Saw 66 / KQ / and 22 all in the sb. Not even suited connecters or weak Aces or anything vaguely playable.

After the break I see NOTHING. But we are short handed so it is pretty easy to steal blinds enough to keep afloat.

We get to the final table I pushbot for a bit and have 6k in the BB with K9s. Folded to Victor who has 20kish in the SB (Blinds just gone 300 / 600). He completes, I check. Flop 4s6cAs. He checks and I shove figuring that he would call with any pair (and raise an Ace pre) and sometimes the weaker flush draw - i.e I have at worst 12 outs; and am sometimes monster favourite. "I have to call" he says flipping 10s7s. Turn A, river 10. BOOM.

Whatever.

get anto to mark the final table down on his leaderboard... not all was lost!!

went out before the break with KK on a QdQh3d flop, I bet half the pot on flop and "dave" (sorry don't know your boards name if you are on boards) went all in, he had about 14k chips, i had 7k, thought for a few moments, called and he flips over A8d and turns a flush, ugh!

Then played cash, bought in for 75, went broke then rebought for 100, was down to 40 quid then after a few big pots and an hour or two I get it up to 300, so not too bad of a night i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Victor flopped quad 9's to knock me out with a full house. of all the people. sick.

finished 5th.

7 handed and im in pushbot mode, folded around in sb and i shove with 93o which hits 2 pair against victors aq.

folded around to weak player on the button who minraises playing about 8bb behind. misread it for a steal and shove with 33 into his aa.

get myself back up to around 6k and shove with 7h8h after a raise by the large dude who was to lloyds left and raising my blind every orbit without fail, dealer dude to his left calls. i stick it in, large dude shoves with A6o, dealer dude calls with ak. flop comes 10 j x but i dont improve.

ul with the quads, worst card in the deck came on the river. lloyd was also ul, but what can you expect with victor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DEmeant0r wrote:
    Then played cash, bought in for 75, went broke then rebought for 100, was down to 40 quid then after a few big pots and an hour or two I get it up to 300, so not too bad of a night i suppose.
    You have started cash eh? :)
    What are the blinds there, don't buy-in for so little.

Mr.Plough wrote:
    finished 5th.

7 handed and im in pushbot mode, folded around in sb and i shove with 93o which hits 2 pair against victors aq.

folded around to weak player on the button who minraises playing about 8bb behind. misread it for a steal and shove with 33 into his aa.

get myself back up to around 6k and shove with 7h8h after a raise by the large dude who was to lloyds left and raising my blind every orbit without fail, dealer dude to his left calls. i stick it in, large dude shoves with A6o, dealer dude calls with ak. flop comes 10 j x but i dont improve.

ul with the quads, worst card in the deck came on the river. lloyd was also ul, but what can you expect with victor?

What seat were you in on the final table - 1 or 9?

Mr.Plough wrote:

You play good. Though you should have introduced yourself!!

What did you put down when I limp. shoved before the break with the nuts (i.e. 63o). AQ?

yea AQ. you had been playing fairly tight so it felt like a standard fold givin the action. was wondering if showing the bluff was punishment for my accidental slowrolling of the duke ;)

edit - people tend to think im weird when i go up to them and say, "hi im Mr.Plough"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That name again... :D

• Advertisement

Mr.Plough wrote:
    yea AQ. you had been playing fairly tight so it felt like a standard fold givin the action. was wondering if showing the bluff was punishment for my accidental slowrolling of the duke ;)

I was playing like the Rockothon!! Largely due to being utterly card diddly dead. I figured I had live cards if you hero called anyway - which would have surprised me tbh. Making a move on any of the other dudes at the table wasn't really an option!!

Oh and - last question. Early doors when I raised to 175 UTG with AQ; got two callers (Loosey goosey Tony and yourself) - bet out for 350 on a Q Xc Xc flop; checked the 8 of clubs turn (you checked behind, Tony had folded the flop); and check folded a 10 of diamonds river to your bet of 800 - was there any chance that my TPTK any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah, it was pretty sick with the quads. I raised pre-flop with J10(4 handed and was pretty card dead), Victor called from the sb and the flop came 10,9,9. He checked and I bet 800(blinds were 75-150, raised to 450 PF). He called. At this stage I figure he's on a draw(isn't he always?). I don't put him on a 9 here, he might have ****-all and might think i'm just representing and will try and take it away on the turn. Turn card comes an Ace and he fires out 1200 immediatly. I'm suspicious but call to see what he does on the river. And then that fateful 10 drops and i'm thinking 'Happy days'. He shoves and I insta-call and he simply says 'poker' and yeah, I was pretty sick. He played it well, and maybe I should folded on the turn but I really felt he was trying to bully me off the pot.

nah i rivered a set

Advertisement