Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 - some advice

Options
  • 06-06-2007 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice my husband is looking for a new (to him) car. He has the offer of a 2004 volvo s40 1.8l SE for 14,000 euro. It has had one owner, a company car and has 60,000 miles on the clock.

Has anyone any experience of these cars 60,000 seems like a lot and looking at carzone I think for a private sale it should be a little cheaper?

Thanks for your help

Cathy353

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Cathy,

As an ex-owner of one of these cars, I'd advise your husband to look elsewhere. There are better cars to be had for this money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

cathy353 wrote:
    Hi All,

Just looking for some advice my husband is looking for a new (to him) car. He has the offer of a 2004 volvo s40 1.8l SE for 14,000 euro. It has had one owner, a company car and has 60,000 miles on the clock.

Has anyone any experience of these cars 60,000 seems like a lot and looking at carzone I think for a private sale it should be a little cheaper?

Thanks for your help

Cathy353

a volvo diesel is well worth but it petrol i hear are no gos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

I had a 1.8 s40 and now have a 1.6 (old models). Both give approx. 30mpg and service costs are expensive if you go to a main dealer. My current car has 150k miles on it and is only now starting to cause me a problem as brake calipers and door locks start to seize up or fail. Comfort wise the s40 is great - but expect to have to change the suspension bushes if you live in the country soon and regularly thereafter and also the ride quality on rough roads is not great. I would buy another s40 but probably a diesel.

Advertisement