Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virtual Haircut - You HAVE to do this!!!

• 06-06-2007 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.3gpvids.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=481

Scroll down a small bit, there's a youtube like player embedded in the page...

Seriously you have to listen to this, just turn the volume up a bit and make sure you have headphones, if you listen through speakers it'll be crap... It is definitely the coolest thing i've heard today at least...

Post back what your first thought was when you listened to it..

Mine
    I thought your man was outside my window (i'm upstairs...)
    (don't want to ruin the surprise)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is this one of those loud noise makes me **** my pants things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

It's not a **** your pants thing.

I listened it it there, it kinda sounds like people in your room, I didn't really get the effect that much though (yeah I was using headphones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

That was class

It's surreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Really weird especialy when he whispers in your ear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Fvckin scary through Shure e4c's well fvcked up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Posted this here a month or so back... tis great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

excellent clip. the silent hill game on ps2 used this type of sound too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Here's another holophonic sound thing that was on Digg a while ago: http://www.holophonic.ch/archivio/testaudio/Cereni%20-%20Holophonic.mp3. Much creepier. Same rules apply re headphones/earphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wow, that was cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Lazare

That was amazing! If you close your eyes it works even better, I could almost feel the electric razor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea this is excellent, it feels horrible when the razor is going though, I had to take off my earphones couldnt stand it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it doesn't sound much with speakers, might try the headphones tomorrow, im too lazy at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Its absolutely useless without the headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Thats brilliant, the second link is way better though.
    Hope to see more of this sort of thing implemented in games. Fair play to silent hill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Unreal!!

Advertisement