Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloragh Mills, Edmonstown Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

The best thing I can suggest to you is to contact the developer directly (Noel Ebbs) and find out the current status with your unit. He will be able to answer all of your queries. You can get his contact details through the selling agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marino

thanks, will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 local resident

I recently was doing some research regarding the planning background behind Cloragh Mills as there is a lot of speculation regarding it locally - always has been. The 'leak' referred to in earlier threads I would advise requires further investigation by would be owners because it is common knowledge amongst those who have an interest in planning matters locally that the development exceeded its site area, redirected the flow of a river without permission of the local authority. It is more than a leak if the river is the source of the leak. The word locally is that it is 'sinking'. I also know that there are significant compliance issues.

SDCC Officials and Local Councillors get very anxious when this development is brought up. It wouldn't surprize anyone locally if there isn't an investigation as to how this got planning permission.

If I have alarmed anyone it is done to 'flag' you so that you take the steps to protect yourself and your financial commitment.

Thanks local resident. To be honest i was worried there might be something more serious than they were letting on because i've had no luck in getting info from Noel and my solicitor has tried but with no luck either. I'll do some investigating work and thanks for the warning - you haven't alarmed- i've had a bad feeling about it all since the unexplained delays started but i am worried about my deposit/loan offer now.

Marino

Local Resident - what makes you think it's sinking? I've carried out some investigations but can't see any reference to this.

Marino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 local resident

Dear Marino,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Residents talk and that would be regarded as hearsay but I have heard this for myself, from a Surveyor. In addition the same issue has come up in conversations with a couple of developers who are in the know about such matters. Both of these separate sources I trust and I also know that the file has gone walkabout in the Council Offices............consider the level of management charges you will be paying in the future! If a member of my family were thinking of buying one of these units I'd advise against it most strongly! I have also heard that an 'investigation' is on the horizon.
    Regards
    Local Resident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emmasmom

Busy all summer between moving in & visitors. I've only just found the recent posts and am very confused by what certainly does not seem to be reality as I see it.

To begin with, the level of the underground car park seems to me to be 20 or so feet higher than that of the Owendoher River. I don't see how the river could possibly be responsible for the previous leaks (all fixed by the way). I was here when the flood that wiped out Newcastle West hit and also yesterday when the river came up a good 6 feet. Yesterday the only bit of water in the car park was near the door which was blown in by the wind. Everything else is and was bone dry.

I have a copy of the planning permission here and I can't see what "compliance issues" there could be. I do know that the developer was to make a new bridge across the Owendoher and to make that and the river walkway accessible to the public. The bridge has been there and ready for months; I understand that SDCC was responsible for opening it once the insurance issue was clarified. As I see it is now open to everyone, I assume they have done that.

"Investigation" ... "sinking"? I don't know what to say...except that I certainly do not see shoddy workmanship anywhere here. I am more than satisfied with my new home; both the developer and builder could not have been more helpful over the past few weeks. Took a LONG time to get here but it was worth it!

And, no, I am not related to Noel Ebbs nor to anyone else on this project. Hope both you, Marino, and you, Brian, soon move in and join me!

Emmasmom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

marino wrote: »
    Local Resident - what makes you think it's sinking? I've carried out some investigations but can't see any reference to this.

Marino

Hi Marino, just so you know, the rumours about subsidence and planning issues is total fabrication. That is a fact.

I've since picked up my keys and looking forward to getting moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

It sounds like the builder invested heavily, upto 50% are still unsold I'm led to believe.

Some are still unsold, and prices have dropped... see http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29405

Advertisement