Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolers at Computex

Options
  • 06-06-2007 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Check out the new ones by Scythe and Thermalright :eek:

My dream of a PC purely filled with a large heatsink will soon become a reality ;)

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=5028&s=1

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Looks like a bitch to fit dosent it :0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I just cant see great performance out of that, it stands to reason that the further away the fins of the heatsink get from the heat source the more useless they will become. Heatpipes can only do so much.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Alsoo... How do you mount a gfx card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Since it's obviously a joke I'm going to say that it's damn cool. Like the 20x size Zalman 9500 heatsink computex had a year or two ago

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its probably not a joke! its not THAT much bigger than a coolermaster Gemini :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i'd say the scythe one might be a mock up, but that thermalright one looks feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ugghh! They look like car radiators. I like looking in my PC case and seeing all the components and my horrendous wiring job. If I want a view like that then I may just turn my fridge around to face the wrong way.

All in the name of ultimate cooling I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ultimate cooling is freon gas :)

Also looks like one of them is meant for a htpc.

Advertisement