Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Workshop

Options
  • 06-06-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of putting together a bass playing workshop for beginners-intermediates. Taking them through everything from tuning to playing slap to equipment. ( I have a local shop agreed to sponsoring this with demos of amps effects pedals etc.

The whole thing will run for 4 hours with break. How much do you think i should charge for this. Whats a fair price seeing as they wouldnt be getting 1-1 tuition The most the hall will take is about 25 comfortably

If you are a beginner how much would you be willing to pay for something like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

15 smackers for beginners, 25 for intermediates.

Don't train them together....have a workshop for beginners only then a more advanced workshop. If you do both at once, both will get ripped off.

Remember that it's a group deal, don't try to think in E's/hour. Is 4 hours of your afternoon worth almost E400? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Just a thought, but mightn't 4 hours be a bit long, especially for beginners? With regard to blisters on uncalloused fingers & so on ;) Or would it mainly be yourself demonstrating, like a seminar type thing, rather than the students playing anything?
    Rustar wrote:
    If you do both at once, both will get ripped off.

I agree, it'd allow you to give a more effective course too, you could skip over the basics like tuning etc with the intermediate group, focus more on music theory / rhythm skills.

Those prices sound fair to me too, esp if you'll be providing some equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Im thinking of putting together a bass playing workshop for beginners-intermediates. Taking them through everything from tuning to playing slap to equipment. ( I have a local shop agreed to sponsoring this with demos of amps effects pedals etc.

The whole thing will run for 4 hours with break. How much do you think i should charge for this. Whats a fair price seeing as they wouldnt be getting 1-1 tuition The most the hall will take is about 25 comfortably

If you are a beginner how much would you be willing to pay for something like this
    you really need to think this through properly, is this just all in your head at the minute or do you actually have 4 hours of material to get through? A lot can be spoken about in 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

well i teach already so I have a lot of material. I was thinking of having beginners come and hour or even more earlier to get the basics and the intermediates to come later. Thanks for advice. I cant imagine getting the numbers for two sessions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

How about something like, "Beginner's Workshop - 12:00 to 2:00, Intermediate Workshop - 2:00 to 4:00"? With separate pricing, of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Might be interested in the intermediate class myself if there's a vacancy. PM me the details when you get things sorted. Thanks :)

Advertisement