Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downtime...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah i'm getting random page timeouts also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

^ me too, plus the site is taking ages to do anythin. :( im with ntl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm getting intermittent instances of boards not working. Happened yesterday for a while and just there again. Actually wasn't going to post this but went to go to the PMP forum and it wouldn't load.

Thought it may be my sometimes dodgy connection but every other page is loading fine. A refresh does seem to sort it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

regireparingzeeserverz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mike65 wrote:
    pps while trying IE6 (ugh) I typed out a long PM to Victor and the flipping "could not connect to server" mesage apeared and the message was lost so I'm just seriously peed off right now.

Thats why I write any pms or long winded posts in Notepad first and then copy and past onto boards. If it times out then I still have a copy :)

Learnt from painful experience I'm afraid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Firefox is quite good for letting you go back to your PM/post if the server crashes. You can still lose posts to the Quick Reply box though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the_syco wrote:
    regireparingzeeserverz.jpg

Good man. You heard my call :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Down for a few mins, but we are back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

mea culpa, as ever. Forked the DB in the icehole for a min :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Never Touch The Cornballer!
    Arrested_Development_-_The_Cornballer2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

im so sick of this ****.
    I agree with everyone.
    Everytime im bored or looking for something to do I always try to browse boards.ie and end up spending way too long here. Its ****ing ridiculous, I mean, No timeouts or database errors, im really feeling like im being left out of the clique here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mike65 wrote:
    pps while trying IE6 (ugh) I typed out a long PM to Victor and the flipping
    "could not connect to server" mesage apeared and the message was lost so I'm just seriously peed off right now.

I get that if I spend too long writing a reply it freezes up like that for me too in any browser. I figured it was something messed up with this PC tbh.

Advertisement