Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 Outage

• 06-06-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Can't make or receive calls or SMS from a few different o2 handsets across the country (including calling in from foreign networks).

Recorded msg on 1909 says they're having difficulties with some customers making calls (nothing about receiving.. which is far more important to some, or texting). Is it widespread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Problems here in County Limerick too with O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

My phones working intermittantly in Dublin when I turn 3G off .. one of my mates complaining his isn't working at all.. and my other phone doesn't take incoming calls.

Seems pretty widespread and the message on 1909 doesn't seem to specify an area.. someone tripped over a cable maybe? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

likely related to the network upgrade coming into effect, since there is a hell of a lot of new bits and pieces being done under the hood this year :-)

And yes, i know that doesnt make the outage any shortage but hey, what can a person do lol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yup - been enjoying that today - apparently people were ringing me and getting engaged tones and now I keep losing coverage.

Pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah im in athlone and I had to switch 3G off on my phone, as I couldnt make any calls. This problematic this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

They were problably swicthing over a major piece of kit last night like a HLR when it keeled over

This page is a better one for their 3G upgrade:-
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/network+upgrade

Seems that this came true:-
    "O2 customers in parts of Cork and Dublin may experience a loss of part or all services at specific times this week and over the weekend "

Starting Late yesterday. - Snippet of info -

All 3G customers will experience problems making and receiving calls. 2G customers in and around West Dublin, Meath, Louth and Kildare will also experience problems making and receiving calls. Work was been carried out throughout the night.

As of 9pm Tonight, there is a possibility of widespread issues in Cork for a few hours, so dont be caught by surprise lol.

Please be assured however that these issues are planned and are part of a network upgrade programme and are purely temporary to facilitate future increases in service offered. These issues hopefully dont make people say 'wtf, the network is going down left right and center, im finding somebody else' lol

[crosses fingers]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JNive wrote:
    Starting Late yesterday. - Snippet of info -

All 3G customers will experience problems making and receiving calls. 2G customers in and around West Dublin, Meath, Louth and Kildare will also experience problems making and receiving calls. Work was been carried out throughout the night.

As of 9pm Tonight, there is a possibility of widespread issues in Cork for a few hours, so dont be caught by surprise lol.

Please be assured however that these issues are planned and are part of a network upgrade programme and are purely temporary to facilitate future increases in service offered. These issues hopefully dont make people say 'wtf, the network is going down left right and center, im finding somebody else' lol

[crosses fingers]

It would have been nice if they had sent everyone a text to inform them about it.

to be honest, there are too many localised works occuring ( meaning specific areas at different times etc, and they cant just send text to everyone saying that there will be intermittent drops of service over the next 2 weeks, cause thats not accurate enough anyways )

also, in general works occur between 7am and 11am and for night work, it tends to be 9pm to 1am etc. So if issues occur between those times, then its most likely planned or a side affect of planned work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Maybe not text everyone but maybe a proper opt-in "text me about downtime" service, maybe incorportated into their updated coverage text alerts.

Must be something very serious, if you do a search for networks o2 3G is no longer listed.
    or it could be an easy way to stop anyone trying to use the o2 3g network and not being able to make/receive a call

as said before, the 3G service section is undergoing serious software updating to facilitate upcoming new services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

So say you JNive, but o2 haven't said anything (even when queried on 1909). The only hint of a problem was the general service issues announcement on 1909. You'd think there'd be a service announcement page (the ones linked to above mention nowt of the last 2 days of 3G unavailability I've had, or the complete service outage I had for over 5 hours).

Upgrades are needed, sure, but there's an expectation that customers be made aware of them. An unverified individual posting to boards.ie is not such notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Should they not be doing scheduled works at less peak hours, say 2 - 6 in the morning?

many works are required during the say for certain sites like those located on ESB masts etc.

Advertisement