Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulls on Parade - Tribute to Rage Against The Machine

Options
  • 06-06-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Coming Soon to Purgatory Bulls on Parade this Promises to be a fantastic Gig!!

bullsonparadeSmall.JPG

Check out the you tube link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duvfsvWGDtk :D

i know its over a month away but there might be some heads interesed in this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

From their Myspace page.

"Bulls on Parade are The World's finest tribute to Rage Against The Machine, the greatest rock band of the ninties.The band capture the sound and energy of one of the most influential and controversial bands in music history. Few rock groups have caused such sensation as Rage Against The Machine in their 8 years as a band until their break-up in 2000. With a combination of rap, rock, metal, hip-hop and funk, the music of Rage Against the Machine continues to expose the hipocrasy, corruption and oppression that exists in our world.

Bulls On Parade continue to spread this message through their amazingly accurate live performances covering all four albums aswell as several non-album favourites. Bulls On Parade keep the music alive like no other band at a time when these songs are as relevant as ever.. Formed in 2003, the band has undergone several changes to their line-up and now have arguably the best yet.

The guilty parties are: Sean McMahon - Vocals, Kevin Carroll - Guitar, David Stanley - Bass and newest member; Ian Harold - Drums. In the summer of 2005 , members of Bulls On Parade met the men behind the sound of Rage Against The Machine, now members of Audioslave. The guys had the oppurtunity to meet the legendary musicians and hang out with them backstage at a number of shows in London during Audioslave's European tour.

At the ****** festival in Ireland, guitarist Tom Morello was kind enough to pass on some of his knowledge to Kevin Carroll of Bulls On Parade, revealing many of the secrets behind his unique sound. With help from Tom and the Audioslave crew, Bulls On Parade have been given a unique advantage over any other Rage tribute act around. Bulls On Parade have become renowned wolrdwide through many websites and fan forums as one of the best Rage tribute bands there is. Bulls' have wowed audiences wherever they play, With a 2 hour show that includes tracks such as Testify, Know Your Enemy, People Of The Sun and Take The Power Back, the band's energetic and powerful performances are the ultimate experience for any fan of Rage Against The Machine. But don't believe the hype, come see for yourself and feel tha' funk blast!"

Tickets on Sale Now in Plug'd Records

Support for the night is a band called THE END AGAIN www.myspace.com/theendagain

Check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Given the crowd that was in there Friday I'll chance me arm getting tickets on the door......

acheron gig on beforehand last friday,poor turnout for them.thats why completely sadly a different crowd and none of my regulars.
    i think people are saving themselves for slayer and the over priced pints :(

the gig is next week and we will have some free shots to give away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned this all-too-regular pimping of your commercial ventures is becoming somewhat tedious.

You've already bumped this topic three times ........ thought I'ld seen the last of it on the 26th of last month, but no, here you have to go again today and give us another reminder! Enough is enough, dude. I'm sick of it.

I don't know what the moderator(s) of this board think of this -- they after all have their own judgement call to make and I wouldn't for one moment try to influence their decision making process -- but I would suggest to you, the Original Poster, that this medium is primarily a discussion forum and not a poster board for free and overdone advertising of ticketed events.

chillout man, your comment has been noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Should be a good gig! Nice one

Someone is grumpy!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Remember seeing these guys when they were starting out :)

The first band 'The End Again' will be on stage at 8.50 and Bulls on Parade will be on stage at 9.30pm sharp so get there early folks!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

This is awful tempting, never was a big Rage fan but getting into them a bit recently. Only thing that can let gigs down in the Cruiscin is the acoustics, maybe I've just been unlucky? I was there last for HIFH, it was a great gig don't get me wrong, but the acoustics really let it down big time, if I hadn't have known the songs/lyrics I doubt I would have been able to follow it though. And I think that'd be a pretty big thing for ratm's style, it's all about the message and delivery. So in saying all that I may be there anyway, my friend is a big rage fan so it's down to whether he's up for it. What are the support bands like?

And as far as the pimping goes I personally don't mind, you're just trying to create some awareness of these alternative gigs. Keep it up!

Thanks Tazzle, a good sound engineer makes all the difference with the sound, thankfully i have a good sound engineer tonight. The equipment in the venue itself is dated but theyre changing stuff in there slowly and surely money permitting,which is music to my ears (sorry about the pun haha)
    The End Again are the only support band tonight as Bulls on Parade do a 2hour show!
    here is a link for the support band www.myspace.com/theendagain
    doors at 8.30pm

Advertisement