Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guestimation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Junkyard, thanks a mill for the offer:) very nice of you!

Is it actually the whole thing you have, like this:
    00%20SAXO%20Headlamp%20-%20Alternative.jpg

well except for the 99 model transit of course:) ?

I have my DOE retest tomorrow at 4 so I think I'll just try and find out if the ones I bought are actually adjustable or what the story with them is and if so, I'll get them fitted/aligned, if not I'll give them back and re-arrange DOE and may get on to you about the ones you have spare. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

cormies getting a new van? Ill miss these threads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

cormie wrote:
    I didn't inspect them before I bought them:o I must try a bit of wd40 alright! The thing is though, the screws are all plastic so it's not like it's rust or anything that's making them hard to turn, unless they are supposed to be stubborn?

Hands up who hasn't learned anything then!
    Well you'll all be glad to know I'm just waiting on a newer van to be sorted out by a dealer and then I'll be sorted, hopefully have it by the end of the week

I've had many return customers because even though my van may break down, the service is still top quality I even had return business from some guys who had to give me a push start when my van broke down doing a job for them and actually, I had another job last week for a guy who had to borrow jump leads off some carnies to power up my battery when my van broke down in Cork before, so I must be doing something right

Maybe they're just as dumbfounded as the rest of us and have invited all their mates down to see the crazy guy with the wrecked van who has to be push started out of the premesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

cormie wrote:
    I have my DOE retest tomorrow at 4 so I think I'll just try and find out if the ones I bought are actually adjustable or what the story with them is and if so, I'll get them fitted/aligned, if not I'll give them back and re-arrange DOE and may get on to you about the ones you have spare. Thanks again!
    Is it really worth collecting lights/having them delivered from Cork and taking time out of productive work to re-do your DOE. Just because they're free.

ballooba wrote:
    Is it really worth collecting lights/having them delivered from Cork and taking time out of productive work to re-do your DOE. Just because they're free.

Of course not, but if I'm getting a new van and wont need my old one, and by chance will know somebody coming to Dublin from Cork, or I'll be in Cork with the new van, I could collect them and bring them up, fit them and put it through the DOE later:)

Going to have a look at this new van now anyway! Whoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Yes they're complete lamps cormie, I'll have a look at them later but I'm sure they're o.k.

No need for the headlights Junkyard, THAT part passed on the DOE test;) Thanks a mill for the offer though!

so it failed again, I have to get a new track rod end fitted:
    Steering Linkage
    Sub fail: Track Rod/Steering Arm
    Reason: Obviously loose

Which I thought fastfit sorted when they did the tracking but I'm guessing they wont be fitting a track rod end for me now! Hmm

That's it, so hopefully pass it if I get that sorted tomorrow.

With the headlights, only the right hand one needed to be replaced, which was lucky because the left one I got from the scrap yard was broken and the right one was ok, so I brought them to the guy I'm buying the new van off and asked could he fit them so he did and didn't charge;) Then I got my money back for the broken one off the scrapyard, so altogether, the lights only cost €45 instead of the €250 ish I would have paid with the mechanic! Whoo! lol

Advertisement