Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop to foundation irish?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I havn't really dont anything for this at all the past 2 years, Lazy and I never took a liking to irish. I havn't got a single thing learned nor have I studied - foolish to say the least.

I wasn't banking on Irish really as a high pointer I'm sure with the orals already gone by I should scrape by a pass in ordinary level. Believe me it is hard..

Question is I have heard of alot of people tomorrow are going to take the foundation paper (in my school anyway :L ) instead of the OL paper. I know there is a high chance of me failing OL irish. I'm wondering is it possible to change tomorrow to foundation and if it is ( so i believe it is ) how does that work after doing my oral in Ordinary level ? Need an answer quick before I go to bed :(

Also is Irish nessecary, I'm looking to do computer applications in DCU. I have my other 6 subject studied and going to do well in them but for some reason Irish is a no go for me. Can I switch ?

Hj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

why not put in a last ditch attempt at getting a D at best in pass irish. if you do foundation it's as good as failing pass/honours irish, so just give it a stab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Ok I guess that'd be the best thing to do. If I fail OL irish does that affect my Leaving cert ? Or my desired course DC121 DCU computer applications ? Thats my main worry...

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

DONTTTTTT...dont think you need it for DCU, plus why would you...As the other chap said..its as good as failing anyway.

Paper one...Essay and Letter...do friendly letter...Also keep it really really simple...conas atá tú and so on fills up the spaces...The LC is designed so you pass...so they will look really hard to try pass you..it is rare that you will fail.

Comprehension...Look for the wording of the q in the text...if you havnt a clue
    just copy the sentences around the words...you will be only docked a couple of marks for the excess writing, but you will get most marks...better than leaving it blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You need Maths and English OR Irish. So, not really, you don't NEED it. I've seen the foundation papers before, ridiculously easy..multiple choice questions...you could be Polish or something, and be able to pick the word out of the text. You might regret it, if you see the Pass paper after and thinking you could have made a good stab at it..?

Pity you can't see the pass paper and decide then..that used to be allowed. Look over past papers, decide whther you could answer most things decently if that was your paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Well I decided to stick with OL and I'm so glad. Flew by Ceíst 1 and then Ceíst 2 was grand too.. pretty much just picked the answers straight out. I'm not expecting an a or b but I'm sure I could scrape a C with Paper 1 and the listening was quite good too, Lets say a C on that too. So I guess it wasn't too bad. Its paper two I'm going to loose the marks but we'll see :)

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

don't worry

paper 2 is only worth 17% of the whole thing so ul be grand...most marks are already got in the oral, aural and paper one1!!!!

Advertisement