Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used to be better?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Just found an old tape of random jamming I made with some friends back about 4 years ago when I was 19. My playing on it (guitar) sounds pretty good, better maybe than nowadays.

Anyone else ever find that looking back you might have played better? I guess maybe I'm out of practice. That or the recording quality (cheap mic into hifi!) masks my ****e.

(not sure if this is the right forum, mods feel free to move)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ya i got that a few times im always jamming out ideas, and lookin back at lil things and goin aw wait a min that was actually pretty cool! then trying to develop those more

a few years ago, i wrote a few songs for a lil band thing i was doin, i managed to do a few decent things but there was one in particular that i thought was really cool!

http://media.putfile.com/old-solo-29

wah to much wah production values are crap but i was younger and no idea how to record! that riff is actually pretty cool still, i was on tha ball with tha one, have a listnen on the less... not a plug btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

not bad! my style seems to have changed as well, to be honest i prefer my old one... must work on that. just recording the tape onto HD now so I can cut it into something vaguely resembling tracks. I was literally just me, a loop sampler and a friend on the dodgiest drum kit in Ireland. There's a piano on some "tracks" but they're totally drowned out by guitar and drums.

Advertisement