Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN: Eircom Netopia 3347NWG router (ab)users

Options
  • 07-06-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

There is a firmware floating around out there, version 7.6.0r4 but it isn't on the 'update router' site.

if you go into the update router thing you will be able to get 7.5, which you will need to get first before getting 7.6.0r4

it has a few new features like wpa2, packet filter, the ability to edit routing tables from the web interface. but it has really improved my upstream SNR. it used to be around 10 now its up to 16 though downstream snr has gone down to 16-22db from around 30. i used to have lots of sync problems before because my upstream SNR was very low

download the firmware here. it will save you the trouble of having to fill in their little form

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/upgrades/j2293s/nta760r4.bin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Dankoozy wrote:
    There is a firmware floating around out there, version 7.6.0r4 but it isn't on the 'update router' site.

if you go into the update router thing you will be able to get 7.5, which you will need to get first before getting 7.6.0r4

it has a few new features like wpa2, packet filter, the ability to edit routing tables from the web interface. but it has really improved my upstream SNR. it used to be around 10 now its up to 16 though downstream snr has gone down to 16-22db from around 30. i used to have lots of sync problems before because my upstream SNR was very low

download the firmware here. it will save you the trouble of having to fill in their little form

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/upgrades/j2293s/nta760r4.bin

I have that same router but I cant find my snr figure, I've looked in expert mode but can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found it now.

Advertisement