Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English ?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Well done to me :D
    How did ya'll do. I found it easiyl enough. Mon the plath :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I can see from your spelling that you're a dab hand at the old Engerlish.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Paper 1 was lovely, did question A on the London text and Question B on the third text- so simple! Essays were a bit tougher, didn't like the speech so did short story based on an image- nice and dramatic, bit eh, gay at the start though.

Paper 2- Ugh, cultural context. I like it, but can't stick to time limit with it. Stupidly did a plan- took away time. 6 a4, tooo long, but it's really good. Nearly died when I didn't see Kavanagh..but then the Plath question was nice and easy. Normally do 5 poems, had to do 4, pushed for time...but it's grand. Macbeth- did power. Kinda manipulated kingship around it, lots of quotes, and yeah, it's pretty good now. Unseen- had 5 minutes left for it, it's a frantic paragraph of tiny terrible writing, but I had the main points in and stuff..half marks..please.

Overall, yeah better than I expected. Would be very surprised at anything less than a B1.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

ha same. i was praying for oul Sylvia to appear tooo...

thought my essay went well - the 'passions of youth' one was what i did..
    wasn't mad on the relationship of macbeth and lady m. question.. ihad not really prepared anything on lady macbeth but i think it was so-so. :o

Advertisement