Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft (Spoilers)

• 07-06-2007 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

So, who would you like to see go where?

Apparently Chris Benoit has been told he's moving to Raw, that was rumoured before WM aswell. I'd like to see Kennedy and MVP move to Raw too. CM Punk and Elijah Burke need to move to get to work with more experienced guys I think, probably in opposite directions. Regal moving to Raw would be cool

I think Flair will be moved. It'll be interesting to see if they strengthen ECW or just keep it more or less the same in terms of the level of talent there. I suppose they'll be breaking up some tag teams too. Kendrick and London moving to Raw would be good if they keep Cade & Murdoch and Haas & Benjamin there. Could be the end of the Hardys, although they're already on different shows. Johnny Nitro and Carlito moving back to SD would be nice to see, they haven't done much on Raw recently

WWE sent out a press release today saying that Mick Foley, Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura and Mean Gene will be at the draft. And Steve-O. Mick's been saying in some interviews that he might retire for good if he has a match at Summerslam, so they might set that up at Raw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Who I'd like to see leave Raw:

Umaga - to Smackdown

Shelton Benjamin - to Smackdown

Kenny Dykstra - to Smackdown

Charlie Haas - to ECW

Who I'd like to see leave ECW:

CM Punk - to Smackdown

Elijah Burke - to Raw

Who I'd like to see leave Smackdown:

Chris Benoit - to Raw

Batista - to Raw

Matt Hardy - to Raw

Boogeyman - to ECW

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To Raw: Bobby Lashley, Mr Kennedy, Chris Benoit, Regal/Taylor, Davari

To Smackdown: CM Punk, Crime Time, Jeff Hardy, Kenny Dykstra, Umaga

To ECW: Super Crazy, Boogeyman, Viscera

I think we all want to see CM Punk being pushed on a show that isnt ECW (that way at least ill actually watch it happen)
    Crime Time are under used on Raw and could add to the SD tag devision, perhapson a swap for Regal/Taylor.
    Considering Matt+Jeff are always teaming up they should be on the same show and that show should be SD where Matt will hopefully finally get a main-event push vs Edge.
    Umaga needs a fresh start as since his streak was broken he has simply become a McMahon lacky, a move to SD prehaps with Armando again would be ideal.
    Similarily Dykstra could use a move to SD to establish himself individually post Spirit Squad.
    Bobby Lashley has been main-eventing Raw despite being an ECW guy, make it official and make him drop the belt,thus giving the new breed and Originals something to actually fight over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer site:

Besides the draft, Monday's Raw will be Mr. McMahon appreciation night. Announced as appearing are Steve O from Jackass to begin the SummerSlam angle, as well as Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerlund and Mick Foley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

From the observer site:

Besides the draft, Monday's Raw will be Mr. McMahon appreciation night. Announced as appearing are Steve O from Jackass to begin the SummerSlam angle, as well as Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerlund and Mick Foley.

GREAT! all we need is another one of those!.....and i mean if there gonna include 'legends' <-- i use that term loosely ...at least announce someone who is one :)

In saying that im sure they will throw up a suprise or two..where people will be like wtf...why did they do that....they usually do one or two n give them new gimmicks?

but ya CM Punk will be a must i think...his tshirts were for sale in point last night which was strange as he wasnt on the show...actally no maybe it wasnt..dx shirts for sale also but there gonna sell by the bucket load..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

HBK wrote:
    and i mean if there gonna include 'legends' <-- i use that term loosely ...at least announce someone who is one :)

You don't consider Foley and Heenan legends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Fozzy wrote:
    You don't consider Foley and Heenan legends?

Ah ya well i might of over done it a bit.. :) heenan is one the best managers of all time, foley....meh hit or miss...bumpfest central like :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

HBK wrote:
    foley....meh hit or miss...bumpfest central like :rolleyes:

You are only looking for a reaction aren't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'll be quite pissed if CM Punk isn't moved from WWECW, the guy will be wasted there if he is on that brand for much longer. I think he would be a great addition to RAW and for the Intercontinental title picture.

I'd like to see Nitro moved to Smackdown to give him a fresh start after being wasted on RAW for the past months. Same goes for Benjamin.

I hope Kennedy stays on Smackdown so we can see him feuding with Edge but aside from that I've no other preferences!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I don't have a lot of preferences for this draft to be honest. The only thing I want out of it is Jillian Hall and Trinity to Raw. Raw needs a couple of solid female wrestlers. Candice is much improved but she's still a long way away from giving us the kind of solid wrestling matches that Jillian and Trinity can.

I could talk till I'm blue in the face about Jillian's in ring skills, and I have on many occasions, lol. This is a woman that has pulled off 450 splashes in the past. She's already done a good job in the ring, with the likes of Kristal and Michelle McCool, (not Ashley though, even Jillian isn't that good.) so imagine what she could do with the likes of Mickie and Victoria. A series with Mickie, in particular, judging by their previous work together would be great.

As for Trinity, she's beyond mis-used in ECW right now. She hasn't been seen since Mania, and god knows how long before then. A lot of people here will probably only be familiar with her work in TNA, which was good. But she has done a lot more on the indies, and in OVW. I've said it before that at times the OVW are way ahead of the WWE divas in terms of in ring quality. Trinity was one of the girls to get that ball rolling. If she isn't drafted to Raw,and if her vanishing act continues, then I'd prefer to see her released to be honest. At least then I'd actually get to see her.

Apart from those two, I'd like to see Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro and CM. Punk to Smackdown. Oh and the thoughts of ANOTHER McMahon appreciation night is making me fall asleep already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Smackdown Raw ECW
    C.M Punk Benoit Mark Henry
    Kenny Regal Masters
    Nitro Rey Mysterio Umaga
    Cor Von Burke Boogeyman
    Eugene Michelle McCool Super Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

sorry messed that post up
    here's who i think should go where

to smackdown
    Kenny
    Nitro
    Punk
    Eugene
    Cor Von

To Raw
    Rey Mysterio
    Benoit
    Burke
    Michelle McCool
    Regal

To Ecw
    mark Henry
    umaga
    boogeyman
    masters
    super crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

whos cor von?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Marcus Cor Con, The Alpha Male" Monty Brown. Wasn't to good for TNA but in WWE, he'll do well i'd say. But it's too soon to move him. Give him the ECW title for a while i'd say.

Think Benoit would do well on ECW as would Rey Msyterio. Lashey should probably be put on RAW too without the title.

Could you imagine Benoit and Mysterio going to ECW as the new "ECW Originals" and getting jobbed out to Snitsky every week?

I'd almost say it's a certainty that MVP and Santino will swap places with their titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    Could you imagine Benoit and Mysterio going to ECW as the new "ECW Originals" and getting jobbed out to Snitsky every week?

Hahah don't rule that out, it could easily happen! :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I'd like to see CM Punk get a good push on either RAW or SD, so here's my list

CM Punk to RAW
    Benoit to Raw
    Jillian to RAW
    MVP to RAW
    Umaga to ECW
    Nitro to ECW
    Henry to ECW
    Coach to ECW
    Shelton Benjiman to SD
    Burke to SD
    Marella to SD
    Shad to SD

Masters to the Indies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I don't know what to expect from this draft. It does seem like a pretty redundant idea tbh considering the lack of a brand extension as it is. I'd say Punk and Burke will leave ECW, leaving ECW ****ed. There is no one else overly good on ECW anyway so maybe throw the monsters like Khali, Henry, Kane and Umaga there. You know, out of sight out of mind. Viscera and the Boogeyman too to really rub salt in the wound.

They have to get all the (worthwhile) tag teams together, i.e. the Hardy's maybe, Cade and Murdoch, WGTT, London and Kendrick, D&D etc, preferably on Smackdown, to make that show watchable again. Then you can still get the Hardy Edge feud we all want. Maybe they could reinvigorate the Cruiserweight Division too.

If tag teams and Cruisers are exclusive to Smackdown, put all the decent Divas on Raw, like Jillian, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool and Trinity. Then you can put the talentless eyecandy of Raw onto SD.
    I'd like to see them scrap one of either the US or Intercontinental titles and put all the guys going for that title on Raw.

I guess the likes of Benoit, Flair, MVP and maybe Rey could switch brands too.

One thing I hope they do is break up the King and JR. Most of the time they are commentating I get the idea that JR is pissed off at the intellectually devoid partner he has (Puppies got old 10 years ago). That's why JBL has to go to Raw and put Lawlor either on SD or out of his misery. In the case of the latter, Booker could do the colour commentary on SD. Think of the old school references JR and JBL could pull out on Raw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd almost say it's a certainty that MVP and Santino will swap places with their titles
    Why?

I see it as very likely that they'll do something "big" with the draft, something that doesn't just involve switching wrestlers. Two years ago they swapped the main titles, which doesn't look likely this time. I can't see them swapping any other titles, but the US and IC titles make a lot of sense. Santino doesn't seem to be going anywhere on Raw, I don't think he's defended his title against anyone but Chris Masters. MVP has been feuding with Benoit for months and I'm not really sure that there's that many midcard faces he can feud with there. Move him to Raw and there's more possibilities I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Cena to move to Ecw. I know it sounds insane but for the following reasons I think it'd would be a brilliant move for Mcmahon which would make him a lot of money.

1. Cena needs a new challenge. He's beaten everybody on Raw and its getting boring. Ecw would give him a new challenge with more impotantly, a new unstoppable monster in Snitsky which Cena needs

2. It would tripple ECW's figures while not damaging Raw's too much. It could even get Vince a two hour slot which would mean they'd have to get a new title and everyone wants the 24/7 hardcore title back.

3.It'd free up Lashley , Punk and Burke to give raw what it needs most with it's injury plagued roster, depth. As the WWE is now, Cena is a bigger draw then all 3.

4. It'd give the WWE a reason to explain why they now boo Cena. Because all Ecw fans hate him.

5. It'd give Cena a chance to win over some real fans. I know I'd rerspect him more if he tried to resseruct a dead show.

Anyone agree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bubs101 wrote:
    Anyone agree

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'd like MVP on RAW, I'd also like to see him feud with CM Punk. I'm almost sure there will be a title switch or two on the show. I don't think they'll break up JR and King, cos JBL is the only person I could see taking King's job and as JR has said a few times on his blog that he can't see WWE putting two southern guys on the one team. Personally, I think JBL is JR's long-term successor. Although, JR never thought he'd get into the Hall of Fame, but he did, so I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Bubs101 wrote:
    Cena to move to Ecw. I know it sounds insane but for the following reasons I think it'd would be a brilliant move for Mcmahon which would make him a lot of money.

1. Cena needs a new challenge. He's beaten everybody on Raw and its getting boring. Ecw would give him a new challenge with more impotantly, a new unstoppable monster in Snitsky which Cena needs

2. It would tripple ECW's figures while not damaging Raw's too much. It could even get Vince a two hour slot which would mean they'd have to get a new title and everyone wants the 24/7 hardcore title back.

3.It'd free up Lashley , Punk and Burke to give raw what it needs most with it's injury plagued roster, depth. As the WWE is now, Cena is a bigger draw then all 3.

4. It'd give the WWE a reason to explain why they now boo Cena. Because all Ecw fans hate him.

5. It'd give Cena a chance to win over some real fans. I know I'd rerspect him more if he tried to resseruct a dead show.

Anyone agree

Nope,

1. Main reason for the draft is to move some main event talent to RAW to replace DX
    2. Who would Cena compete with on ECW?
    3. They can move Lashly, Burke and Punk if they want to anyway
    4. Cena still gets as many cheers as boos, as long as he gets a reaction he's ratings gold
    5. It's not Cenas decision and Vince isn't about to move his biggest draw, like him or loathe him he sells seats in arenas, sells PPVs and sells merchadise.

WWE.com says there'll be only inter-promotional matches on Raw tonight, with whoever wins getting their brand a draft pick. Edge vs Cena is the only match announced so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hopefully edge wins that.

Is the whole show being shown live on sky sports? ill stay up if it is

Yeah, it starts at 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw, and WWE.com has learned that the following celebrities and WWE Legends will be offering their comments on the WWE Chairman tonight in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.:

-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    -Former Minnesota Governor and WWE Hall of Famer Jesse "The Body" Ventura
    -Donald Trump
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
    -MTV's Jackass star Steve-O
    -WWE Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano
    -WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart
    -Multi-platinum recording artist Snoop Dogg
    -WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    -"Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    -Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
    -WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik
    -Legendary sportscaster Bob Costas
    -WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Mean" Gene Okerlund

To see what these folks have to say about the boss, tune into Raw tonight on USA Network at its special start time of 8/7 CT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

EdK wrote:
    Tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw, and WWE.com has learned that the following celebrities and WWE Legends will be offering their comments on the WWE Chairman tonight in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.:

-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    -Donald Trump
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
    -WWE Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano
    -"Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    -Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
    -WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes
    -WWE Hall of Famer "Mean" Gene Okerlund

To see what these folks have to say about the boss, tune into Raw tonight on USA Network at its special start time of 8/7 CT

Comments from Bret Hart? Comments from the Iron Sheik? Hmm might give this show a look. The only guy missing is Warrior. Love to hear his thoughts. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Apparently Jim Ross may be switching with Michael Cole today too. That would suck!

(BTW no link because I heard it on an internet radio show: www.liveaudiowrestling.com.)

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    -Donald Trump

I'll place a safe f*cking bet that none of these show up at the arena and give their comments pre-recorded via a Satellite feed.

VR!

This looks like a big enough deal. I'm sure most of them will just be on video, but I'm surprised they're only announcing it now

EDIT: Since Foley, Heenan, Ventura and Okerlund were announced last week as appearing on the show, I'd guess it'll be those four and only those four who show up live

Oh, and Steve-O will be there to start the Summerslam angle, so I'll take you up on that bet on three accounts validreasoning!

From the Wrestling Observer, spoils who may be live or not:
    Iron Sheik is there in Wilkes-Barre (as is Mick Foley and Jimmy Snuka among the names on the list released earlier today, most of the names will appear on tape) and was asked to do a crazy rant. Even if he wasn't asked, he'd deliver.

I'm looking forward to this!

Also, regarding Bret:
    The Bret Hart promo tonight will be a new tape that was just shot outside a gym in Hawaii. It's a short clip, maybe a minute or less. I don't know how it turned out but the idea they wanted was for him to act like he was surprised a camera crew found him, for him to act like he was blowing them off, and to cut an on-air in character promo on Vince McMahon.

EDIT: Some sites are reporting that
    Booker and Sharmell will be returning tonight and that ECW will be getting some big names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Looking forward to it, I can't really make predictions now tbh, think I'll just watch a see what happens.

Hopefully one or two surprises.....

this really sounds good, im looking forward to Raw tonight in the same way i did years ago, pre spoilers and being a Smark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Yeah. Can't wait myself. Got that feeling of excitement and anticipation that I haven't felt about Raw for years.
    The draft is always interesting, hopefully this one won't disappoint.
    I just hope the Hardys don't get split in the draft... ;)

• Advertisement

I'd actually like the Hardys to be split so they can continue to push Jeff again. Matt got so lucky with Jeffs return because he was at the point where nobody gave a f*ck about him and he was opening SD! with Tatanka on a weekly basis!. Meanwhile Jeff was having class matches with Johnny Nitro week in and week out.

I always said they released the wrong Hardy back in 2003 :D
    Not gonna bother staying up for this one... i'll catch the rerun.

VR!

But...the Hardy's are split!

That was the joke.

Last week on Raw, King said something like, "What will happen if the Hardy's get split in the draft?" and J.R. replied, "I dunno."

wow this really has a PPV feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was reading this on Rajah:
    There will probably only be 7 or 8 matches on tonight's Raw, all interpromotional. The winner of each match gets to bring over a wrestler from the losing wrestler's brand. Considering that only 7 or 8 matches are being held (maybe even less because there's going to be a ton of people on hand for Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night), you would think that that's the amount of people changing brands. That is actually not the case as there is going to be more roster moves after the show. On this weekend's edition of Heat during the Victoria vs. Mickie James match, Jonathan Coachman said that there would be trades after the show on WWE.com. Considering that the victors of the matches are the ones doing the selecting, you'd think that they'd want the best possible wrestlers on their brand, thus meaning that only upper-tier wrestlers are going to be changing rosters during the show. The trades after the show will likely involve wrestlers on the low end of the totem pole in WWE. It'll probably be similar to 2005 where all the major players changed brands on television and the likes of Mark Jindrak, Simon Dean and The Bashams quietly changed brands via WWE.com.

• Advertisement

id like to be the first to say WTF!!! at that ending

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

id like to be the first to say WTF!!! at that ending

Seconded! Was nodding off but then.....HOLY S%$T!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Took me by suprise and all! Was not expecting that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I had a feeling all during the show this was some kind of farewell to Vinnie Mac, then with that ending? unless he's character is superman, we've seen the last of Mr. McMahon on our screens, gone out in style too.

V!alli wrote:
    I had a feeling all during the show this was some kind of farewell to Vinnie Mac, then with that ending? unless he's character is superman, we've seen the last of Mr. McMahon on our screens, gone out in style too.

Maybe the Corporate Ministry were onto something after all and Vince truly IS the Higher Power! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I suppose now we'll see a re-enactment of the "who dun it" from 99. Maybe they'll say Eugene did it this time in an effort to push him. "I did it coz he stuck a retarded character on me and now I want some payback, bitch" or some such nonsence. We'll then see a whole new in yore face Eugene, now wouldn't that be great television? watch yer back Cena.

Either that or Vinne will turn into a mini Undertaker oO

V!alli wrote:
    I suppose now we'll see a reinactment of the "who dun it" from 99. Maybe they'll say Eugene did it this time in an effort to push him. "I did it coz he stuck a retarded character on me and now I want some payback, bitch" or some such nonsence. We'll then see a whole new in yore face Eugene, now wouldn't that be great television? watch yer back Cena.

Eugene/Keyser Soze = Ratings :D

That was hilarious. I wonder if that's the last we'll be seeing of Vince. Wouldn't be surprised if he made a comeback a few months down the line.
    Then again, if he does decide to call it a day I think its the right thing to do. His character had gotten very stale and he took away from the shows more than he gave recently.
    What a way to go out.
    :D

Maybe he'll come back a la Kane, all burned with a mask on. If he does I hope he uses the voice box. That would be gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shell_cena

WTF, no more vinny mac ah no , but if he's gone what a way too go was not expecting that at all thought he was just gonna drive off too the next show, ah well here too ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

absolutely terrible, terrible way to end RAW - yet again McMahon has the last word, and focuses all eyes on him and his "accident"

And RAW, as usual gets the better crop of the draft - seriously Khali going after Edge - who the hell do we get to "boo"?

• Advertisement
Advertisement