Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

What a load of horse crap. I will eat my hat if there is any positive angle played out from that. There is no coming back from that kind of stunt. If they find out "who dun it" then that person is guilty of attempted murder and should go to jail. I really hate when they bring in terrible soap opera story lines like this. Im all for the storyline but I want WRESTLING storylines not this knid of crap. If someone had jumped him backstage or something fine this can be played out as a WRESTLING angle but having someone put a bomb in his limo can not be played out as an angle. Its just wrong.

Now on to the draft:
    Raw Picks
    1. King Booker (SD) - Good move there will be tons for him to do on RAW.
    2. Bobby Lashley (ECW)- Also a good one although I was a bit shocked. He didnt fit in ECW so I think this could be a good move although will he get lost in the shuffle on RAW.
    3. Snitsky (ECW) - What was the point in this. He only moved from Raw to ECW a couple of months ago. I would probably have drafted this guy straight to the indys TBH.
    4. Mr. Kennedy (Smackdown) - This guy is going to be huge. A big loss for Smackdown but a huge gain for Raw. Feud with Cena should be gold.

Smackdown Picks
    1. The Great Khali (Raw): I really couldnt care less about this guy. I think he fits better on Smackdown though. I put money on it the only reason he was brought over is so Batista can have a viable person to feud with outside of the world title picture.
    2. Torrie Wilson (Raw):Waste of a pick.
    3. Chris Masters (Raw): Brilliant. I think he is going to be one of the big positives from this draft.
    4. Ric Flair (Raw): 17 time world champ very soon I reckon. They will probably be teaming him up with Batista too to help him stay over without the title.

ECW Picks
    1. The Boogeyman (SD) - Oh dear. No benefit to ECW at all.
    2. Chris Benoit (SD) - I think Chris is the guy to be the top face in ECW. They need to make this show about great wrestling. He can bring anybody to a good match. Cant wait to see him and Punk. There will probably be a tourny for the ECW title now which I would expect Benoit to win.

I really hope ECW picks up one or 2 more in the next round of the draft on WWE.com. They need one if not 2 heels who can feud with Benoit at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

With that last RAW pick listed, i finally have a reason to care about RAW again! Seems like they're actually gonna do a brand draft this year and not screw it up for once.

Must see the repeat of this on Friday night :)
    VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    But...the Hardy's are split!
    Could have fooled me! How many PPVs over the last six months have they been together? ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Eugene/Keyser Soze = Ratings :D

LMFAO :D
    Good to see kennedy on raw, and khali gone to smackdown, although his "monster" role will go to snitsky no doubt..

as for vinnie mac i reckon
    he's going to be brought back to life by Paul Bearer and Papa Shango on halloween night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

the draft is bad. benot should have went to raw, not ecw, looks like wwe have no faith in him.

the draft is bad. benot should have went to raw, not ecw, looks like wwe have no faith in him.

Edit your post and use spoiler tags man... it's not hard :P
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

shame about benoit, i hope this stint on ecw is not his last in the company as there is no doubt he can still compete at the highest level for many a year to come

i couldnt stay awake after the mvp/marilla match so missed all the vince controversy at the end which im about to read up on over at wrestlezone now.. if it does result in a "who dunnit" plot that spans a couple of months i'd be happy enough with that, i liked those mystery angles they have played in the past (greater power story in 99/and who ran over stone cold at survivor series)

expected more for smackdown in the draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Well that made me laugh, pity I had a mouthful of Coke at the time, the carpet is ruined.

The draft seems grand though. I like Benoit on ECW, for the inevitable Punk feud alone. Thought it as strange they moved Kennedy now though, he's not active atm and that feud with Edge should be the first thing he does when he gets back. Booker and Lashley will be well suited to Raw and both have plenty to do there, same with Flair and Masters on SD. The Boogeyman though?
    When is this wwe.com draft happening?

• Advertisement

Dublin1983 wrote:

You couldnt be more wrong. WWE have so much faith in him they are pretty much giving him his own show to carry. He will be the biggest draw there. He will help the young guys there to improve. The more I think about it its the best move of the whole draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ashley did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

greater power story in 99/and who ran over stone cold at survivor series

gah those were terrible storylines

It was McMahon and Rikishi, in that order and they both sucked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I thought the draft was good, with one exception, I'm really gonna miss Flair. He is one of the guys I love to watch on RAW and I just don't seem to watch SmackDown! as much. As for Kennedy, he'll be WWE champ soon. Speaking of the WWE title, I expect Cena to lose it soon and NOT get it back for a while. There is too many title contenders on RAW now.

u have a good point, but ecw, is so bad, it has no ratings what so ever. i hope cm punk stays put that bitch thinks he is the future wwe.

Dublin1983 wrote:
    i hope cm punk stays put that bitch thinks he is the future wwe.

I presume you are calling Punk a bitch? Your lack of punctuation is terrible.

And Punk is the future of of WWE

• Advertisement

if he was the future of wwe he wouldnt be on ECW- :D:D cm bitch sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dublin1983 wrote:
    if he was the future of wwe he wouldnt be on ECW- :D:D cm bitch sucks.

Sigh, are you suggesting that Benoit sucks too?

Ah yes, CM C*nt! The smarkys choice!
    I really don't see anything in the guy to be honest, just personal preference but he doesn't have that "main event" look about him, granted WWE have watered him down a tad, but he just comes across as midcard for life to me. He may get a title run, but it won't last long and it'll be horribly managed, ala Benoit's run in 2004.

VR!

no benoit is in the top 5 wrestlers ever. every1 loves bene. a pity he is on the A Brand ECW:D :D

im just saying i bet cm punk was telling all his family/friends & old Crystal Meth Crack Phine buddies all last week, that he`s been drafted to raw. that he will be become the wwe champ in the next 3 months, he was peobaly starting to devolp a ultmate warrior/batista attitude. but he is stuck on ecw, with all the other winners. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Ah yes, CM C*nt! The smarkys choice!
    I really don't see anything in the guy to be honest, just personal preference but he doesn't have that "main event" look about him, granted WWE have watered him down a tad, but he just comes across as midcard for life to me. He may get a title run, but it won't last long and it'll be horribly managed, ala Benoit's run in 2004.

VR!

oi, who you calling a smartie...er smarky :)

Nah, as a wrestler, I just like him nowt to do with people going on and on about what he did in ROH or IWA (read up on him recently) - just saw a few of his matches on youtube, etc and liked what I saw.

For me, it all boils down to one thing - going back to what works - simple storyline (aka a tad realistic)/wrestling. Maybe its the "quickness" of angles that I am sick off - potentially good angles are given crappy times, and crap angles are drawn out til we all die of boredom

I mean why is it that when I think about it, I cared more about Steamboat/Savage, then I do about McMahon/Lashley?

• Advertisement

Dublin1983 wrote:
    every1 loves bene. a pity he is on the A Brand ECW:D :D
    Dublin1983 wrote:
    Crystal Meth Crack Phine buddies

What the f*ck did he just say??? Ahmed Johnson, is that you???
    VR!

bene=benoit

Dublin1983 wrote:
    no benoit is in the top 5 wrestlers ever. every1 loves bene. a pity he is on the A Brand ECW:D :D

im just saying i bet cm punk was telling all his family/friends & old Crystal Meth Crack Phine buddies all last week, that he`s been drafted to raw. that he will be become the wwe champ in the next 3 months, he was peobaly starting to devolp a ultmate warrior/batista attitude. but he is stuck on ecw, with all the other winners. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Seriously enough of the text speak. Its making my eyes water. You learn english in school for a reason - I suggest you learn to use it in everyday life.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Double C wrote:
    Well that made me laugh, pity I had a mouthful of Coke at the time, the carpet is ruined.

The draft seems grand though. I like Benoit on ECW, for the inevitable Punk feud alone. Thought it as strange they moved Kennedy now though, he's not active atm and that feud with Edge should be the first thing he does when he gets back. Booker and Lashley will be well suited to Raw and both have plenty to do there, same with Flair and Masters on SD. The Boogeyman though?
    When is this wwe.com draft happening?

Wednesday.

shut up a ya face, i iz jst speakn da wrd of da streetz,.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Steamboat/Savage, then I do about McMahon/Lashley?

Uh because we're talking about two wrestlers in one category, as opposed to a company owner and a glorified bodybuilder in the other one?

Do i win a prize? ;)
    Good to see ya have ST quoted in yer sig btw ;)

VR!

Dublin1983 wrote:
    shut up a ya face, i iz jst speakn da wrd of da streetz,.

No, you are typing like an illiterate idiot :)
    Do i win a prize?
    Good to see ya have ST quoted in yer sig btw

No prize for being a smartass :) (although if you can tell all the youngsters here how simple the Steamboat/Savage storyline was, you shall get kudos)

and ST are just right

chillax phantom, u have a chip on your shoulder, stop Ridiculing everything...

they should have drafted, big fat visera(as if he wud ever have a chance with lilian in real life) hacksaw jim duggan eugene val venius charlie haas to ecw/smackdown

Ph3n0m wrote:
    No prize for being a smartass :) (although if you can tell all the youngsters here how simple the Steamboat/Savage storyline was, you shall get kudos)

I'll give it a shot.
    Basically it was a feud dragged out over a period of five months, which was easy to do because there were only 1 a year PPVs and SNME's every two months. But Savage was hot off a feud with George Steele, who had befriended Ricky Steamboat. After Steele had humiliated Savage, the following week on Superstars Savage attacked Steamboat and then proceeded to axehandle Savage while his neck was draped on the guard rail, then for good measure dragged Savage back in and nailed him in the throat with the ring bell sending him off on the stretcher.

Steamboat returned on Superstars a few weeks later vowing vengeance, setting up their Wrestlemania III classic. :)

No gimmicks, no haircut matches, no world championships, no swerves. Just basic storyline. And it stole the show.

VR!

• Advertisement

Dublin1983 wrote:
    u have a chip on your shoulder, stop Ridiculing everything...

He doesn't and he isn't. Your spelling, punctuation and grammar suck donkey dick :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Dublin1983 wrote:
    chillax phantom, u have a chip on your shoulder, stop Ridiculing everything...

Phantom? There's me thinking it was Ph3n0m :rolleyes:

Phantom? There's me thinking it was Ph3n0m :rolleyes:
    Yeah. god knows the old fart has been knocking around here long enough for his name to be remembered ;)

Wheres Fozzy for all of this anyway?!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Seriously Dublin1983, you're going to have to make a bit more effort with your spelling and grammar. I don't know of any "hacksaw jim duggan eugene val venius charlie haas", but he sounds like a dodgy wrestler

The ending to Raw surprised me, although with the way Vince was walking out I presumed it'd be the last we see of him for a long while. I thought he was goin to have a heart attack getting into the limo though. I would put money on that being the end of it, there won't be any storyline, and in a way I think it was the best way for the Mr McMahon character to end. How did they do it though?! I thought they just changed camera angles, so Vince wasn't in the limo, but looking at it now obviously Vince does get in. Some quick editing maybe, but it's so smooth. Job well done in that department anyway

The draft picks were fine I thought, have to say I was wrong about the IC and US titles switching! Obviously they can't be switching all the top guys, but Khali was a big anti-climax. I thought Punk and Burke might be switching, but obviously they want to build ECW up a bit. I'm begging for a Punk heel turn, he gets too much offence in in his matches for him to be a face, and they end up not being as good as they should

Just something I noticed, seeing as we saw it so many times last night, when the screen came up showing all the pictures of the people who could be drafted, the SD and ECW commentators were included in their show's picks, but JR and King weren't for Raw. I'm sure it meant nothing anyway

I was expecting more from the Iron Sheik, at least an "I don't RESPACK YOU!"

Mick Foley next world champ, awesome

fozzy- just in case u didnt know who HACKSAW is i will sare with you this copy & paste-:D :D:D

James Stuart Duggan (born January 14, 1954), better known by his ring name "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, is an American professional wrestler, currently signed to World Wrestling Entertainment wrestling on its RAW brand. He is best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling. His best known gimmick is that of an American patriot.
    Duggan is a survivor of kidney cancer, an illness he was diagnosed with during his employment with WCW. His real-life struggle with the disease was very public and his comeback to wrestling after fighting off the ailment was a triumphant affair involving his entire immediate family. Duggan has claimed to have wrestled in all 50 States in America as well as in the countries/territories Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany, Guam, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Poland, Scotland, Spain, and Switzerland.:p :p

fozzy- just in case u didnt know who HACKSAW is i will sare with you this copy & paste-:D :D:D

James Stuart Duggan (born January 14, 1954), better known by his ring name "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, is an American professional wrestler, currently signed to World Wrestling Entertainment wrestling on its RAW brand. He is best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling. His best known gimmick is that of an American patriot.
    Duggan is a survivor of kidney cancer, an illness he was diagnosed with during his employment with WCW. His real-life struggle with the disease was very public and his comeback to wrestling after fighting off the ailment was a triumphant affair involving his entire immediate family. Duggan has claimed to have wrestled in all 50 States in America as well as in the countries/territories Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany, Guam, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Poland, Scotland, Spain, and Switzerland.:p :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

this Wednesday aka tomorroe at noon american time !! it will only be lower class wrestlers

Dublin1983 wrote:
    i will sare with you

My god Fozzy has the SARE :)

For a minute I thought it would have been SARS but that would be just plain mean.
    No gimmicks, no haircut matches, no world championships, no swerves. Just basic storyline. And it stole the show.

And that is why the current batch of storylines sucks ass! My only exception is Benoit/MVP - these guys just wrestled. The new trying to take over from the new - and it worked. Why? Because both guys put effort into it...plus it involved Benoit wrestling and you really can't go wrong with that :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/steamboat%2Bsavage/video/xzlvo_randy-savage-vs-ricky-steamboat - Savage and Steamboat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Fozzy wrote:
    Seriously Dublin1983, you're going to have to make a bit more effort with your spelling and grammar. I don't know of any "hacksaw jim duggan eugene val venius charlie haas", but he sounds like a dodgy wrestler

The ending to Raw surprised me, although with the way Vince was walking out I presumed it'd be the last we see of him for a long while. I thought he was goin to have a heart attack getting into the limo though. I would put money on that being the end of it, there won't be any storyline, and in a way I think it was the best way for the Mr McMahon character to end. How did they do it though?! I thought they just changed camera angles, so Vince wasn't in the limo, but looking at it now obviously Vince does get in. Some quick editing maybe, but it's so smooth. Job well done in that department anyway

The draft picks were fine I thought, have to say I was wrong about the IC and US titles switching! Obviously they can't be switching all the top guys, but Khali was a big anti-climax. I thought Punk and Burke might be switching, but obviously they want to build ECW up a bit. I'm begging for a Punk heel turn, he gets too much offence in in his matches for him to be a face, and they end up not being as good as they should

Just something I noticed, seeing as we saw it so many times last night, when the screen came up showing all the pictures of the people who could be drafted, the SD and ECW commentators were included in their show's picks, but JR and King weren't for Raw. I'm sure it meant nothing anyway

I was expecting more from the Iron Sheik, at least an "I don't RESPACK YOU!"

Mick Foley next world champ, awesome

I read earlier that the explosion was pretaped the night before and that the footage was then seamlessly put together on the live broadcast.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    I read earlier that the explosion was pretaped the night before and that the footage was then seamlessly put together on the live broadcast.

It freeze framed right before the explosion for a couple of seconds after Vince got in the limo. I noticed this because on the frame they froze on vinces foot was still outside the door and I was wondering why he had his foot outside the door for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

MikeHoncho wrote:
    It freeze framed right before the explosion for a couple of seconds after Vince got in the limo. I noticed this because on the frame they froze on vinces foot was still outside the door and I was wondering why he had his foot outside the door for so long.

I did notice the foot too.

His foot was out for a while, them it went into the car and then out again and it stayed out for a while ......my reckoning
    the door on the far side was open and he crawled into a safe box or something. The foot was a fake one and when Vince was safe someone on the far side pull the fake leg/foot and it was hooked onto the door which is why it closed and then bang.

Well thats what struck me the very moment i saw it and thats what i reckon.

RAW got the best deal in the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

A connecticut radio station has reported this morning that vince mcmahon did actually die in the stunt last night

Just a small snippet from the show

In a "wow, I don't believe some people are fooled" moment, I was driving to work this morning and a local Connecticut radio station ( Kiss 95.7 ) was doing their daily "Hollywood Report" segment.

Basically the segment is a gossip page speaking about what's going on in Hollywood. This morning the segment reported the following, "In a scary moment, on live TV last night, Vince McMahon, the President of Stamford based WWE was killed when his limousine exploded on live TV. I would assume an investigation is in the works, but we'd like to send our condolences to his family and friends."

They then spoke for a minute or so about how that clip will probably become internet banter on sites like YouTube and whatnot, and they even spoke about "that wrestler who fell a few years ago", I can only assume they meant Owen Hart.

Helluva storyline, even if it is a rerun of who ran over austin

Shin

Bet HHH is fuming wondering why his stunt from the crane didn't have the same impact! ;)

VR!

MikeHoncho wrote:

The whole time on Vince's walk to the limo he was stopping, hesitating and going again. Obviously then when he was climbing into the limo, he stopped for a second when you could see his foot and that's where they changed the footage. It's incredible that some people are believing this story. I hope Vince goes into hiding for a while so non-internet wrestling people might actually believe it happened. The whole angle will look more stupid than it is now if he's spotted in public any time soon.

Bet HHH is fuming wondering why his stunt from the crane didn't have the same impact! ;)

VR!

Or when the nWo killed the Rock by driving a semi artic into his trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, they've issued a press release saying that Vince is presumed dead. They also say that federal agents have been called in to investigate and that they've found no remains of his body. I don't think they've taken anything this serious in a while! Would've been great if Ron Simmons had walked out at the very end and delivered a "DAMN!"

The draft tomorrow takes place at 5pm our time on WWE.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I knew something was going to happen to Vince at the end. The explosion was a pretty cool way to write off Vince for a while but if it transpires that the Jackass idiots did this then it will be a joke.

As for the picks I'm fine with pretty much all of them but Lashley to Raw sounds horrible as it looks like he'll be pushed down our throats some more. Also didn't like the fact that Kennedy went to Raw as they had a great program in the works with Edge vs Kennedy which seems less likely now.

damn06.jpg

damn he is going bald big time. damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The way I see this playing out besides being completely stupid is, That Vince faked his own death due to depression stemming from everybody not liking him and being against him.

As evidenced by all the promos on Raw last night. He takes 6 months to a year off and then a series of vignettes are filmed featuring sightings of Vince etc which exposes his sham.

I should write for the WWE what ya think haha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement