Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

EdK wrote:
    The way I see this playing out besides being completely stupid is, That Vince faked his own death due to depression stemming from everybody not liking him and being against him.

As evidenced by all the promos on Raw last night. He takes 6 months to a year off and then a series of vignettes are filmed featuring sightings of Vince etc which exposes his sham.

I should write for the WWE what ya think haha.

Its better than Jackass getting involved.

I like this angle. It could easily end up totally stupid but its got people talking and interested (be it positively or negatively).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE havn't done anything like this in a long time, The wrestlers getting attacked backstage a frw weeks back was a good angle until it turned out to be Khali I was thinking it was a debut or something.

Hopefully they dont make a total mess of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

EdK wrote:
    I should write for the WWE what ya think haha.

Good idea, couldn't do worse then the current crowd:D

Here's my idea

It'll be HHH, Shano Mac will be next when the Titantron drops on him, then Steph when HHH makes her watch a Khali-Masters match on SD and she dies of boredem. HHHs daughter will own WWE and HHH will run it on her behalf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Apparently the wrestlers backstage weren't told of the ending. Tazz was on the Opie & Anthony show and said he didn't know about it and that his car was parked about 70 feet away from the explosion and he thought his car was next, lol.

Was shocked when I saw the ending last night. At first I thought it was gonna be the start of the cancer angle that was rumoured to be happening, with the way Vince was walking around....I dunno which would be worse.

Draft overall was good enough....guessed one or two but some were a bit of a surprise. Hope some decent drafts now tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Supplemental Draft postponed
    Written: June 11, 2007

As a result of the shocking turn of events involving Mr. McMahon as Raw went off the air, the Supplemental Draft scheduled to take place tomorrow has been postponed. The Draft will now take place Sunday at noon ET right here on WWE.com.

Numerous Superstars who were left unscathed by the Draft on Raw will now have to brace themselves for the possibilities the Supplemental Draft will bring about. World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch and WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino were breathing easy because they avoided possible separation in Mondays first-ever tri-branded WWE Draft. But they are not out of the woods yet – the draft isn’t over.

Other tandems such as Paul London & Brian Kendrick and Cryme Tyme, inseparable duos like Finlay and Hornswoggle and factions like the New Breed could still be separated when the WWE Supplemental Draft finally does take place. Our fans were shocked when the Land of the Extreme was seemingly left without a champion as Bobby Lashley was drafted to Raw and forced to relinquish the ECW World Title.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge could practically be heard breathing a sigh of relief – and Raw fans roared – when Mr. Kennedy was drafted away from SmackDown. Kennedy is rehabbing his torn triceps, but will eventually bring his trademark bravado to Monday nights.

What will happen to the ECW, Raw, and SmackDown Superstars who were not drafted this Monday night? Will tag teams run out of luck and be separated? Will couples be separated? Will alliances crumble? All these questions will be answered Sunday at noon on WWE.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

So Finlay could be drafted without Hornswoggle, but Sharmell got to stay with Booker? Makes less sense than previous drafts

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that since WWE have gotten so much publicity with Vince, they're concentrating on milking that angle and they're basically not focusing on the draft, which is why it's been postponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

police state side are following a definite line of enquiry

jarjar2iv5.jpg

Going a bit far?

STAMFORD, Conn. – After Monday’s horrific events on Raw, those “dark clouds” the Chairman once spoke of are now felt prominently in the halls and offices of WWE headquarters.

With Mr. McMahon presumed dead, the corporate flag on the roof of Titan Tower was lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning. The company McMahon built into a sports-entertainment giant began to mourn the passing of its leader and visionary.

Many WWE staffers are still suffering from the trauma of seeing their corporate leader’s limousine explode on live television just after Mr. McMahon entered it.

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. You just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Though federal officials at the scene have not recovered his body from the charred chassis of the limo, investigators believe that Mr. McMahon’s body could possibly have been incinerated in the blast.

Some WWE employees wore black clothing to express their sadness. Others have left flowers by the Chairman’s office door. And if you listen closely, faint sobbing can be overheard occasionally amongst the din of the phones, fax machines and printers.

Heather Lubin, a long-time marketing employee, said the loss is being felt hard around the Stamford offices – mostly because of the unexpected, unexplained nature of the tragedy.

“It’s hard to cope with this tragedy when there’s so many questions unanswered,” Lubin said. “Who could do such a thing to Mr. McMahon?”

As for Liz Montgomery, a WWE creative services employee, she hopes that everyone can come together and help each other cope with the shocking loss of the company’s heart and soul.

“He’ll be truly, truly missed,” Montgomery said. “Wherever he is now, I hope it’s in a good place. But we’re going to miss him terribly.”

The McMahon family has been mourning since the tragic limo explosion that presumably claimed the life of WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon Monday night in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

The family refused comment in the hours immediately after the tragedy; however, WWE.com has learned that tomorrow, WWE Executive Vice President of Legal Affairs Ed Kaufman will release a statement from the McMahons, the first since the events of Monday night.

Check back to WWE.com tomorrow to see the exclusive video statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so now that the draft is done where do people see wwe going with it and what feuds can we expect over the next few months possibly years..

im curious to see how this pans out for cena in particular.. will lashley overtake him as the main face on raw? will kennedy return as a heel? most likely.. trips is schedualed to return as a face but is known to prefer his heel role so i would say a hhh/lashley feud is something they will most certainly run with.. in the immediate, after vengeance i can see them bringing in a cena/snitsky programme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:
    So Finlay could be drafted without Hornswoggle, but Sharmell got to stay with Booker? Makes less sense than previous drafts

Little Boogeyman is probably gone with Boogeyman....If he hasn't now been dropped....pointless saying Finlay and Hornswoggle could be split when Booker & Sharmell weren't....guess they are just trying to build up the rest of the draft mentioning Finlay etc. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

EdK wrote:
    Going a bit far?

Absolutely and I think the live crowds at ECW and Smackdown showed WWE that no one cares.
    10 bell salute on Smackdown - it was boo'ed constantly

And on ECW last night, the fans continually boo'ed anything to do with McMahon's "death"

Its a pity that any feedback you do send WWE would be ignore.

Therefore I am officially finished talking about this cheap-ass angle - got much better things to be watching

What you said in your spolier tags Phenom is just wrong I mean that was done for legitimate reasons for some of wrestlings late greats and now this. It's sickening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Roar wrote:
    police state side are following a definite line of enquiry

jarjar2iv5.jpg

It was Jar Jar Binks, not Ashley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

EdK wrote:
    What you said in your spolier tags Phenom is just wrong I mean that was done for legitimate reasons for some of wrestlings late greats and now this. It's sickening!

What do mean wrong? The fact that crowd boo'ed the 10 bell salute for the "dead" McMahon - how is that wrong?

The fact that they use it for a storyline, when many wrestlers have legitimately died and that was the mark of respect used, its sick to pretend all this is real no wonder people don't know what to believe anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I think he means its not right because the 10 bell salute was something that should never be made an angle out of !! the wrestling greats have went out on the bell salute and now its like a mockery

Indeed!

If you look at all the articles they all say the chairman or Mr McMahon none of them say Vince McMahon or Vincent Kennedy McMahon or anything

But if they want some saps to believe he's really dead then they would have to do a ten bell salute or else people will think there's something fishy going on. And of course everyone is going to boo, its McMahon ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21286168.shtml

somewhat explains how it was done here, and names the company that was brought in to do the stunt

ECW
    I just watched ECW and I'm enjoying it, I think it's gas. I mean, it's blatantly obvious that Vince isn't really dead, did they show replays of Owen Hart dying the night after he did? It was just the commentators who were putting over Vince dying, none of the wrestlers seemed to care, so it wasn't really a tribute in terms of what went on in the ring. So it doesn't bother me. It would if they spent the whole episode having interviews with people about Vince and if they had matches where guys were out of character. Maybe the 10-bell salute was a step too far, but at least the fans played their part. WWE have always made a distinction between "Vince" and "Mr" McMahon, it's the same as when someone dies in a film or a tv show. Wrestling tends to be more real to fans than films, but hasn't Vince said in the past, "we don't do wrestling, we do movies"? I don't completely agree with it in wrestling terms, but this isn't wrestling!

EDIT: Having watched the explosion again, you can tell that there are two videos edited together at the exact moment that the door closes. There's something on the fence to the right that disappears at that moment. If it weren't for that, there'd be absolutely no signs of editing

I'm fine with the angle so far too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Its a shame that benoit is heading to ECW.Im really going to miss him on raw especially those awesome matches that he had with MVP.
    Im also not really looking forward to seeing bobby lashley regularly on raw and more than likely in the main event picture.Lets see what the additional draft has in store.
    Heres something interesting that I read on a website about vince mcmahons "death".
    The WWE website shows a picture of the WWE Corporate Headquarters in Connecticut, with the WWE flag at half mast in honor of the presumed dead Mr. McMahon. But the photo also shows the American Flag on the same building, flying at full mast. That’s because it is a federal crime to display the American flag against regulation. You can fly the flag at half mast in honor of someone who has died, but you would be breaking the law to fly it for someone who is only pretending to have died. I guess kayfabe isn't strong enough to break the flag code for a website picture. I just thought it was funny, as they are doing a great job of treating this all as if Vince really died on the website and everything, I'd have thought they'd crop the photo or something to maintain that storyline.
    Interesting!!!!!

I think there are somethings in wrestling people should take seriously like when real death's get exploited or loyal employees like Ross getting humiliated as they recover from colon surgery.

Vince McMahon getting blown up in a car is not something people should get too worked up about. Sit back and enjoy the whackiness be it good tv or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't have a problem with the angle either. I think the angle they did with Tim White was way more tasteless than this storyline.

• Advertisement

Well, it got me watching ECW without reading spoilers for the first time in months, aswell as looking forward to SD without reading any spoilers, so it's doing some good!

The supplemental draft on WWE.com will be on from 5pm to 9pm our time tomorrow evening. They're dragging it out a bit it seems

is it like a video we will watch

I'd guess that they'll just stick up an article every half hour saying who's been drafted

is this just gonna be the jobbers moving around or can we expect anything good?

by the way did anyone see the sign at raw "val venis number one draft pick", thought it was pretty funny

• Advertisement

Everyone seems to be expecting lower midcard guys to be moving, but when the likes of Torrie, the Boogeyman and Masters are moved as part of the main draft I think we can expect a few big names to move today. There seems to be speculation of JR and Michael Cole swapping, which would be fine by me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone move back to their original show, like maybe Kennedy to SD. Although that wouldn't make much sense...

But anything can happen in the WWE!!!!

Kendrick and London to Raw is the first draft. So much for tag teams possibly being split up! I think I said that this could be a good move before. Takes even more away from SD though

Sweet, get the boys on the big stage! If they move any other tag teams to SD now I'll be angry.

Kenny Dykstra has being drafted to smackdown!! not the worst draft

Viscera to ECW. I knew it!!

Seems to be a pick every 20 minutes, so that's going to be 12 picks over the next 4 hours.

Fozzy wrote:
    Kendrick and London to Raw is the first draft. So much for tag teams possibly being split up! I think I said that this could be a good move before. Takes even more away from SD though

interesting.. big blow for smackdown.. i rate both these guys very highly, particularly london.. could they be the new rockers?

Raw...Sandman...What?

No.4 - Sandman to Raw. Just another jobber there I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus the sandman,talk about a waste of space even in the old ecw that guy was useless

Fozzy wrote:
    No.4 - Sandman to Raw. Just another jobber there I suppose

The Sandman on live tv?!

what? what a joke... sandman is easily amongst my most hated wrestlers on any of the brands.. he's just so ****..seems raw want to stack up on jobbers

Sandman in ECW was great though. The idea was that he was just one of the fans, getting in and doing it himself. In WWE he's just another wrestler, and in that sense he's worse than most

The Sandman on live tv?!

**** yeah, this is going to make for some damn entertaining tv. Possibly.
    Poor ECW!

Hardcore Holly goes back to SD. ECW's goin to have to get someone decent I think

Fozzy wrote:
    Hardcore Holly goes back to SD. ECW's goin to have to get someone decent I think

Johnny Nitro. Thats my stab in the dark not an actual draft pick.

Jesus, Smackdown is getting riddled, Holly isn't going to make up for the loss of Kennedy, Benoit and the rest. Surely they could have had Holly return from injury on SD without this draft and no one would have noticed.

ECW gets The Miz! There's that big star I thought they'd get

• Advertisement

The comedy continues.

Advertisement