Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft (Spoilers)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Raw gets Daivari. Wasn't he on Raw not too long ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I guess they don't want him and Khali on the same brand.

Fozzy wrote:
    Raw gets Daivari. Wasn't he on Raw not too long ago?
    This is his third run on Raw, he's been on SD twice and ECW too. Why wouldn't they just leave him on SD with the Cruisers?

SD gets the Major Brothers. I don't think I've seen them yet. SD is really getting the short end of the stick here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

SD is getting raped sideways!!! its cat!! dont mind missing smackdown in december now

Raw gets Regal! I think that was rumoured a while back. I'd like to see him near the top of the card, but with so many top guys on Raw now it might be unlikely

What about ECW?! Or does anyone care anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ok first off.....who the **** are the Major brothers???? What brand were they on, Heat?

I'm glad London and Kendrick are on Raw, it was getting boring watching L&K vs. D&D every week so it'll be good to see them against the likes of Cade & Murdoch and Cryme Tyme. I thought with London & Kendrick gone from SD that a team like Haas and Benjamin would go to SD but will they put another team on SD besides the....Major brothers?

It was rumoured that Regal was going to Raw so that's no surprise. Are we gonna see Dave Tayloer fade away and eventually being released now?

Sandman on Raw?? Nice new jobber for them.

Daivari going BACK to Raw, wouldn't he be better off in the Cruiserweight division on SD?

I hope later picks are gonna benefit Smackdown, seems to be going down a bit...

SD gets Victoria. She hasn't been up to much on Raw in ages, but even she will not get a good match out of Ashley

The Major Brothers were on ECW, they only debuted a month or so ago I think

• Advertisement

Another dumb move. Victoria to SD. I mean, why?

Fozzy wrote:
    SD gets Victoria. She hasn't been up to much on Raw in ages, but even she will not get a good match out of Ashley

The Major Brothers were on ECW, they only debuted a month or so ago I think

Ahh...that explains it. Haven't watched ECW in ages.

Victoria to Smackdown, ok I can see her having a decent match against Michelle McCool (if she doesn't get drafted to Raw)....and thats about it :(. A good pick for Smackdown I guess, but not for Victoria!

Unless of course they are gonna have the Women's title defended on both shows...which I can't really see happening.

Raw gets Jillian. I don't get that. She was basically the only woman on SD who could wrestle, so Victoria is all on her own now

Looks like ECW gets 2 picks compared to 5 for Raw and SD

Well that makes the last pick pretty pointless. Pretty, pretty, pretty pointless.
    I wonder what Larry David makes of all this? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

who shouls smackdown realistically get? looking through the rosters and no one really springs to mind

umaga? punk? or more than likely some gimp like matt striker

You know Jillian's character is gonna get even more annoying now lol

I think Victoria has good enough competition in Michelle McCool...not as good as Jillian would have been I guess.

At least Victoria can help McCool and even Ashley along, much like Finlay with the Boogeyman. Not that that worked.

And the last pick is Eugene to SD. Ah well

I assume it's the last one anyway. Maybe ECW will have one more

Hopefully this will be the end of that horrible gimmick. Nick Dinsmore to SD. *prays*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

hmmm.. this could work if they drop the retarded gimmick.. they wont of course.. so what has been the highlight of this supplemental draft? or has there been one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well SD just got screwed over again (after losing Kennedy, Booker and Benoit) atleast Mysterio should be back soon.

This also means that SD's mid-cards might actually get pushed i.e Matt Hardy

It's over now. Thats my highlight.

Eugene to Smackdown, nothing ground breaking there...

Is that it?? It's says Smackdown's final pick...does ECW get no more?

ECW does have one more pick. Could it be someone big?...

No-one from Smackdown I should hope....

Vince was correct. Johnny Nitro to ECW. Him and Punk had a good match on Raw a while back, I'm looking forward to seeing him back in the spotlight a bit more

...Not bad. Well done Vince!

...Not bad. Well done Vince!

Anytime I need to make a wrestling guess, Nitro is always the guy I go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

SD is in a bit of a state now after the draft. I was hopin' they were gonna get strenghtened but they've gone and taken even more star power away with Booker and Kennedy gone to RAW and Benoit gone to ECW. They even lost some decent mid-card talent in the form Regal, the Miz and one of their best acts to watch:London & Kendrick. So what did they get in return? Khali?! Masters?! Dykstra?! the major bros?! Victoria?! Eugene?! Flair?! and last and least Torrie f'n Wilson?! Goody!
    Anyone else agree that RAW has been over-strengthened and SD seriously weak looking.

P.S. Sandman getting drafted to RAW is by far the most pointless draft pick ever! why oh why!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sandman to Raw?! Is this a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

This also means that SD's mid-cards might actually get pushed i.e Matt Hardy

I think youre right there. If you read Matt Hardy's myspace blogg, he's saying things are looking great and big things are about to happen for him (obviously not mentioning whats in store) and thanking fans who stuck with him all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

LOL @ Smackdown getting royally f**ked over by WWE!

I can't wait for all these 5 star Khali vs Mark Henry classics now, ratings are sure to shoot up now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Smackdown just might have gotten a couple of good drafts. Hardcore Holly, can be put on a great show, and while not as good on the mic as regal, I would say he's a good catch.

And Kenny Dystra, I've heard in OVW he was something special, if Smackdown can harness his potential, he could more than make up for the loss of Ken Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Sucks for Victoria. WWE have crapped on her considerable skills for the last 3 years, turning her into a jobber-to-the-stars, just putting over the pretty-but-useless divas. But at least she was on the brand (RAW) with the women's title belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Looks like the CW title is going to remain buried. Seriously, they should just move the CW division to ECW if they don't want to take up Smackdown airtime.

• Advertisement

But with the lack of...anyone good on Smackdown maybe they might see this as a chance to push the Cruisers. It would be nice if they got two Cruiser matches a week in and actually built up the title a bit.
    And with the rumours of WWE signing flippidy floppers like Matt Sydal, they may as well push the division, Sydal wouldn't make it in the "heavyweight" division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some of the moves are questionable. I was looking at the roster pages today and thought how Raw has loads of star power now and smackdown can potentially build new ones. One thing though bugging me is if they push ahead with the rumoured new Hart Foundation thing in the Calgary show (coming up soon I think) loads of the draftees will have to take a back seat to this on Raw i imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Brow wrote:
    One thing though bugging me is if they push ahead with the rumoured new Hart Foundation thing in the Calgary show (coming up soon I think) loads of the draftees will have to take a back seat to this on Raw i imagine.

I highly doubt this. You take a classic team, and put "New" in front of it and it's sure to fail. Let me point out some examples

1992 - The New Foundation - Jim Neidhart & Owen Hart, nobody gave a sh*t about this team, and Neidhart knew it! Neidhart would subsequently get fired shortly after it was formed and not to be seen for another 2 years.

1998 - The New Midnight Express - Bob Holly and Bart Gunn, enough said!

2006 - The New Pitbulls. Two guys who couldn't even get along with each other! Didn't we learn from the Killer Bees and the Young Stallions? Pat Patterson, i'm looking at you here!

So i wouldn't worry about people losing their spots just yet.
    VR!

What about the New Rockers?! Al Snow instead of Shawn Michaels, classic team right there

1998 - The New Midnight Express - Bob Holly and Bart Gunn, enough said!
    Did Cornette have anything to do with this? Talk about ruining a legacy!

• Advertisement

They were the NWA tag champs I think, Cornette was their manager

Just checked it on Wikipedia, Bodacious Bart and Bombastic Bob! I don't recall this NWA invasion angle at all, thank god, it just sounds horrible.

Double C wrote:
    Just checked it on Wikipedia, Bodacious Bart and Bombastic Bob! I don't recall this NWA invasion angle at all, thank god, it just sounds horrible.

You could argue it was the best invasion angle WWE ever done! Not exactly praise I know.

You speak the truth! Although the mini ECW invasion around 96 was pretty good. And by good I mean distinctly medeocre. The highlights were Sandman spitting beer in Savio Vega's face and Sabu nearly falling off the big Raw sign. Way better than what happened in 2001!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Double C wrote:
    But with the lack of...anyone good on Smackdown maybe they might see this as a chance to push the Cruisers. It would be nice if they got two Cruiser matches a week in and actually built up the title a bit.
    And with the rumours of WWE signing flippidy floppers like Matt Sydal, they may as well push the division, Sydal wouldn't make it in the "heavyweight" division.
    What cruisers? Chavo, Moore, Funaki and that cowboy fella? Add Daivari and Supercrazy and you'd stand some chance of developing rivalries. Add Kendrick and London and you have a great division.

This draft doesn't make any sense!

What is Victoria supposed to do when her only real competition is drafted to RAW? For that matter, why was the strongest woman in the WWE taken out of the title picture altogether? Why hasn't Trinity (an amazingly talented wrestler) been moved from ECW? The only other female with any wrestling talent there was dropped because Steph was afraid she might be making Kevin Thorn interesting.

Sandman cannot wrestle. Why send him to a show that has no safety net? His botches will be there for all to see. Well, perhaps not. Hopefully he'll have a short stay on HEAT before being sent on his way.

I'm quite surprised at Umaga staying on RAW. If he is going to progress, he needs new meat. Drafting him to Smackdown! would have made perfect sense. He's not being pushed on RAW, and using him as a mid-card talent will spoil the investment they've made in him thus far.

The Tag Titles on Smackdown! are now more or less defunct. NOBODY wants to see two rookie teams competing. Those titles have seen some great rivalries since they were introduced. Its a shame to see them tossed aside.

It might just be that I have a soft spot for the Women's division and the cruiserweights. The draft hasn't been all bad. I think ECW is looking pretty good. A few short n' sweet freakshow matches on the undercard contrast with a technically sound uppercard. It'll be a bit of a carnival, but its all so tacky it could be entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote:

I can explain this one as i only watched RAW 98 a few months back.
    Basically at the end of 97 Cornette went on a series of rants each week about WCW, Phil Muschnick, and real wrestling vs Sports Entertainment. As 1998 came in Jim Cornette went in anti WWE mode and pro NWA mode.

Let's backtrack a bit. Barry Windham is going nowhere as The Stalker and Bradshaw isn't going anywhere with the Justin Hawk Bradshaw character. So they were both given haircuts, moustaches and hair dyed black and given a gimmick as the New Blackjacks, and guess what... they're not going anywhere either!

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Jeff Jarrett makes his return after a really bad run with WCW, he rants week after week about wondering why Vince is focusing on someone who is no longer with the company (Bret Hart) instead of him. He also bashes Steve Austin, throwing the Ringmaster gimmick back in his face and saying that Austin 3:16 is in bad taste to all who believe in the catholic religion.

So in 98, Cornette comes back and brings Dan Severn with him, who is the North American champion at the time. To cut a long story short, Jarrett ends up winning it and becomes a default member of the NWA. As weeks go in Cornette ends up bringing in the Rock and Roll Express back as well to help Jarrett win his matches. Bradshaw challenges the NWA with Windham in his corner, only Windham ends up helping Jarrett and turning on Bradshaw in the process. And a face Bradshaw wasn't easy to sit through at the time.

Afterwards Cornette falls out with the Rock & Roll Express, in comes Bob Holly and Bart Gunn. It doesn't last long thanks to the Brawl 4 All a few months later.

And there ya have it.
    VR!

Advertisement