Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Such incredible annoyance...

Options
  • 07-06-2007 5:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, apologies in advance for the rant, but...

Jesus, I think some people just play this game to get under other player's skins.

Last night was just the worst experience I've had playing BF2 in all my years, it was so bad. First off, there was some absolute bastard who applied for commander, and straight off the bat, kept on pressing his Page Down key for the entire duration of the match... And he's commander! You cannot put him on ignore, and he doesn't get quiet time for spamming, such as the "Blocked for 30 seconds" thing.

So throughout the entire game, all you could hear was this incessant 'Negative' from the commander that went something like this... Ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne negative...

But what was even worse, no matter how many mutiny attempts, he wasn't kicked off! :eek:

I waited for the next round, because surely he wouldn't get the commander position twice in a row? Stupid of me to even think it, next round, same absolute annoying garbage for that most incredible dickhead... I just left then, and joined another server.

So, I was having a good time on my new server, everything was going swimmingly, I had racked up quite a score and things were fun again! Until... A kind of muppetry I've not even seen before, was acted out upon me. Some guy asked me to join his squad. You know, you see the writing come accross the bottom of the screen, "So and so has invited you to join spastic squad" in rather bold writing with some words in blue or something. I of course, hit page down as soon at it came up, as I find them very distracting when you're into play. It's all fine at the start of the round, but can be annoying right in the middle of something.

He invites me to join again. And again I hit page down. And I'm being invited again... Now this is really starting to get on my nerves, so I type out a message in all caps along the lines of "STOP ASKING ME TO JOIN YOU STUPID ****ING SQUAD, I'VE SAID NO ABOUT 50 TIMES ALREADY, DO YOU POSSIBLY THINK THE 51ST TIME IS GOING TO BE ANY DIFFERENT?"

The guy wouldn't ****ing let up, and he was inviting me almost as fast as I could hit page down... I tried to get him kicked, to no avail... Seems nobody will vote off a muppet, no matter how much of a dickhead they're acting. So I just gave in, left my squad and joined his... I said "THERE! I've joined your poxy squad, are you happy now!?" and then he left the squad... And joined my former squad! 5 minutes of spamming me with invites just to get me to leave my squad, so he could join it! ****ing bastard!!! :mad:

Oh ffs, this game has gotten more swamped with muppets than I've ever seen in my life. Even Counter Strike wasn't this bad, and that's saying a lot! It's becoming hard now not to run across some form of muppetry in just about every match, and not only that, but the flaming dickheads who'd Team Kill for a vehicle are seeming like fair players now. What on earth is wrong with people who do this kind of ****? Do they have nothing better to do with theiry time?

Now I know threats of violence are meaningless over the internet, but I seriously would've loved to punch both of those ***** as hard as I possibly could right in the back of the head.

If this kinda **** keeps up, I just cannot see myself playing anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The commander thing has happened to me numerous times! I know what its like the most annoying thing ever! Or unless they keep spotting enemies over and over thats annoying also! As for the the mutiny and kick votes.. Ive never ever been in server where someones been kicked becuase of that most people just vote no to get on with the game! Ive been playing BF2 the best part of a year maybe? The squad thing has never happened to me before usually if im pubbing around ill just join a squad of players that are of same rank and all is good. I have some very good teamplay memories in BF2. What I did before I joined a clan was go through all the servers until I found one with no crap or bull****! Then played on them A few in the list are: (you can use the server search thing ingame to find these)

SaF
    DVA
    4****(4 stars not a curse word lol)

These were the servers I played on most and never had many problems!

Best advice join a clan if your not already in one.. A laid back no pressure ones are the best! Since joining a clan its all been great! I kinda feel the same about giving up cause theres been so much bs and hacking and glitching its all gone mad! I know I wont but it would be nice if there was some way just to have proper players without all the crap cause I belive it would nearly out do counter-strike cause it is such a good game battlefield2!

Im not sure but I doubt games like ARMA have these problems.. mainly down to its such a hard game to play? Anyone play ARMA on here?

Make BF2 really hard then bloody ejits wont bother trying :P

Right enough talk end point is I think everyones going to stop playing it unless all the crap is sorted and it most likely wont be :(

PM me if you like and you can come join a few of our lads for some good games and laughs!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

1 - The server with the commander should have been left immediately.
    2 - The squad offer guy should have ben ignored. Just leave the invite sitting there and he'll get bored when you don't respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, I wonder if that squad invite trick is what I get in 2142.... I'm squad leader, we're racking up the points and are the top ranked squad on both teams and yet I always get invited to join another squad which invariably has just one person in it...... I usually just let the invitation time out. But I agree, its distracting.

Have seen commanders spam a few times though not to the extent you mention. My pet hate is commanders who dont issue orders and then proceed to shell their own men by targetting the flag you are busy taking!!!

TKing muppets for vehicle spots still really really really annoys me. Should be banned on sight on clan servers - a few admins floating about the vehicle areas every so often would sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DeafVision wrote:
    Im not sure but I doubt games like ARMA have these problems.. mainly down to its such a hard game to play? Anyone play ARMA on here?

that and it didn't sell as much as bf2, so it's not a "named" game out there... so little 15 year old sacks of crap aren't rushing down to gamestop to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

You're free to join the TiG lads when we're pubbing on random servers, hop on Ts etc. We generally only play inf only and tend to find some really decent servers. sometimes it's hit and miss but you learn from your mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What truly annoys me are commanders who issue orders that I've already given myself, or that they themselves have already given.

Attack this position!
    Yes, we're already attacking that position.
    Attack this position!
    Ugh.
    Go here! Go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It's unfortunate but there's nothing you can do about muppetry like that. I suggest finding servers that are properly moderated and adding them to your favourites list. Thats what I do and I can generally sit-back and not worry about crap like that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Zillah wrote:
    What truly annoys me are commanders who issue orders that I've already given myself, or that they themselves have already given.

Attack this position!
    Yes, we're already attacking that position.
    Attack this position!
    Ugh.
    Go here! Go there!
    yeah, that bugs the bejeepers outta me too.
    Another thing - I love being a good teamwork squad leader (esp on inf only Karkand). So many times people join my squad then never follow me, spawn on me or obey my orders. FFS, don't join if you're not gonna play squad play! I know you can kick them, but you don't want to mess around to much in the heat of the battle and you want spare slots for those who genuinely want to join your squad and play as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

pop on our sever we got some high siklled players on ours and its good fun :D

24/7 Karkand -<{1st-IB}>- BF2 Server: 193.93.47.85:16567

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

awhir wrote:
    pop on our sever we got some high siklled players on ours and its good fun :D

24/7 Karkand -<{1st-IB}>- BF2 Server: 193.93.47.85:16567

Cheers!
    When you guys mostly on it?
    I hope there are many there. I'll see yee on the battlefield tonight if so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah as I only platy on our server if any one anoys me I have the power to just kick them. Its good to have the power somthings. But with great power comes great responsibility, or at least thats what I keep telling the rest of my clan mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

People don't TK me for the jeeps. may be cos I'm covering the front with C4... and if they do, I tell them they're a twat, find my pack, flick the switch, and kill them.

Oh, and shooting one of the annoying people in the face feels so good =)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The worst thing in the world in BF2 is a spamming commander especially on a server were theres no mutiny.I feel your pain m8 I really do.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

nah, commanders that issue stupid orders really annoy the snot out of me...

"attack this flag"
    fair enough. Fight our way to the flag, put down a beacon near enough to it to avoid the long run through sniper infested streets. Duck away from the tank trundling my way I'm almost at the flag , squad members gathered. another squad approaching from the other side... alls good.
    "attack this flag" - other side of the map
    "no - I'm busy"
    "attack this flag" - still the other side of the map
    "no" I lead the charge over the top to get my primary objective and we all get butchered because the other squad that would have supported us has accepted the commanders order and buggered off to the other side of the map and probably run into that tank along the way.
    "attack this flag"
    feck, nearest spawn is miles away and the beacon is no use whatsoever.
    run toward the flag only to see that there's three squads already sitting around it.
    "attack this flag" - back to the original order. Time to run back and put the beacon back down
    "you're taking the p*ss right? Do you actually think about where a squad is before you send an order or do you just order everyone to do the same thing in the hope someone will listen to you for once. Muppet. I'd start a mutiny if I thought anyone would bother their arses voting!"

:(

yes, this happened last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There really is a simple solution to all of this. Get some mates together and pay for a server. Make yourselfs all admins and ban them when you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Anti wrote:
    There really is a simple solution to all of this. Get some mates together and pay for a server. Make yourselfs all admins and ban them when you see them.

yeah thats what i did(1942 server).its the only way to keep the muppets from ruining the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah make a new clan. Loads of space in Ireland for more BF*, or any game clans tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I cant stand idiots like that, but one other thing that wrecks my head is when ive spent time and planned out some sort of a trap with C4, nicely hidden away and everything, enemy is coming and some idiot drops a load of mines in plane view right infront of the trap/ ambush so obviously the enemy changes route and we all get blown away after a load of wasted time. some people just dont plan anything or use thier heads

angers me

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

yea best thing to do is stick to a few well moderated servers.

problem is the kick/mutiny vote system doesnt work and the squad invite system is really badly designed.

Advertisement