Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic update questions

Options
  • 07-06-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Hows does the traffic update system work?is there a database via aa or something.

My tomtom traffic update doesnt work either,is ireland behind again?
    Does any gps system you can buy have working traffic updates for ireland?

Regards
    Damo

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

traffic updates dont work in this little backwater of ours.
    you're lucky to get half decent maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

guessed as much!
    why,is there no proper national traffic reporting system in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is that a rhetoric question or a real question?
    Some would say it's because of Fianna Fail, others would blame the DTO, others again the evolution of our roads system, which has led to us having more roads per head of capita than anywhere else in Europe.

I say it's because our country is too small, and the market for such a product just doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

it was a rhetorical questio(vague As usual!) but agreed!

just done some research,most traffic update system sare run my third party companies,not government etc!

aa roadwatch is pretty up to date so if tomtom or similar worked in conjunction with them something might happen....but thats not going to happen!

Advertisement