Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

one last annoyance from 3

• 07-06-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i cancelled my contract with 3 because i want rid of them but they've managed to piss me off one more time.

i want to port my number to meteor but 3 won't release it until i've paid them everything i owe them.

i pay by direct debit so the money is taken out of my account 19 days after my bill is issued. this would mean that my number would stop working on the 20th of june but i couldn't move it out until the 9th of july.

i asked if i could pay in advance and she said yes. then i reminded her that 3 charge an extra €4.50 for paying by cash and asked if i'd have to pay this. she went and asked (as they always have to do because they don't know anything) and then she said yes

so they're holding my number to ransom for €4.50

i posted a link a few days ago saying that the €4.50 charge was illegal but i rang comreg and apparently that part of the act wasn't passed yet and www.ciboard.ie is wrong.

but i didn't know that when i told the indian woman that it was illegal and she didn't know that either so she put a note on my account saying i don't want to pay it so i mightn't have to anyway :)

i hate 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

welcome to our network - keep ur network!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's insane Vimes .. it must be illegal in some way... they'd like you to be without your number for weeks :|

I'd probably just pay the €4.50 and get my number away from them ASAP ... fight to get the money back later, so I wouldn't risk any downtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

i cancelled my contract with 3 because i want rid of them but they've managed to piss me off one more time.

i want to port my number to meteor but 3 won't release it until i've paid them everything i owe them.

i pay by direct debit so the money is taken out of my account 19 days after my bill is issued. this would mean that my number would stop working on the 20th of june but i couldn't move it out until the 9th of july.

i asked if i could pay in advance and she said yes. then i reminded her that 3 charge an extra €4.50 for paying by cash and asked if i'd have to pay this. she went and asked (as they always have to do because they don't know anything) and then she said yes

so they're holding my number to ransom for €4.50

i posted a link a few days ago saying that the €4.50 charge was illegal but i rang comreg and apparently that part of the act wasn't passed yet and www.ciboard.ie is wrong.

but i didn't know that when i told the indian woman that it was illegal and she didn't know that either so she put a note on my account saying i don't want to pay it so i mightn't have to anyway :)

i hate 3

i left three as well ages ago.. this is how it works... just go to a meteor store
    request a port... your number gets ported, then 3 send you a final bill...then you pay it.

its best not to cancel the contract but just port out after the 3 contract has expired...ie go to the meteor store....

the best move i ever made was to leave three.... too much hassle, and very un flexible!

are meteor any good?

what_car has a point .. it's worth trying in a Meteor store I guess ... 3 say they won't release it, but they also said the world was flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i rang meteor and they said that 3 wouldn't release the number. they didn't actually try to move mine but they said its what 3 do.

normally they'd have to but because i'm in the middle of giving them 30 days notice they won't appraently.

but hopefully the problem's solved now anyway. i rang again and the guy said that when the contract finishes on the 17th i can pay over the phone with my credit card and they'll release the number. he's credited €4.50 to my account so i don't have to pay the charge.

originally he said that i'd have to wait until my bill was generated which is 4 working days after the contract ends (as opposed to 19 days for a normal month) because that's when the bill is generated but i said they'd be able to add what i've spent onto my monthly commitment and work out what the bill should be before that. hopefully i won't have any break in service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

that all sounds like a nightmare,, just to switch phone companies. taught it was meant to be easier with porting across. i think that 4.50 charge is absolute joke, don't know how companies can get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Three are being a pain in the arse with porting at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

chrislad wrote:
    Three are being a pain in the arse with porting at the moment.

Not just porting............The boards are full of problems with Three at the moment but still people keep signing up to them and then coming on here asking for help................my advice? Stay clear. Or call customer service, They are fab.

i rang meteor and they said that 3 wouldn't release the number. they didn't actually try to move mine but they said its what 3 do.

normally they'd have to but because i'm in the middle of giving them 30 days notice they won't appraently.

but hopefully the problem's solved now anyway. i rang again and the guy said that when the contract finishes on the 17th i can pay over the phone with my credit card and they'll release the number. he's credited €4.50 to my account so i don't have to pay the charge.

originally he said that i'd have to wait until my bill was generated which is 4 working days after the contract ends (as opposed to 19 days for a normal month) because that's when the bill is generated but i said they'd be able to add what i've spent onto my monthly commitment and work out what the bill should be before that. hopefully i won't have any break in service

i didnt have time to post this earlier,, but

i hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but when i ported from 3 to vodafone
    i was plagued with problems...........

i had ported my 3 number to vodafone... happy days i thought..... but

this problem happened randomly and very very frequently... people calling me from 086 numbers to the three number i ported to vodafone... got this message

" the number you are calling is not in service please check the required number and try again" and sometimes they would get through....

i logged this as issues with vodafone who contacted both mobile networks
    to no avail......it went on for weeks......no resolution to problem...

there were issues with o2's routing to three and vice versa... the problem couldnt be resolved so i had to get a number change and loose my 083 number and get an 087 one..........

it really did my head in...

my advice ... dont port your number, convert it to a 3 pre pay one and leave a voicemail msg with your new number...so ppl calling u will get ur new number...
    also get a proper network allocated number for th network you are going to.. ie 087/086 etc....

save yourself some grief..

when something appears to good to be true,, it normally is! you pay for what you get...
    i must say that vodafone are great and i have no issues whatso ever..... i wish voda would release a flat rate data add on ...
    so i can use my sim for calls and data !

@what_car
    That's such terrible advice. Hundreds of people port daily without any issues. You got unlucky. There's no reason to give up your number!

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    @what_car
    That's such terrible advice. Hundreds of people port daily without any issues. You got unlucky. There's no reason to give up your number!

thats my experience...... its to do with routing and call processing...
    apparently three had some issues with routing calls..for numbers that were ported.... i spent 8-10 weeks waiting for a resolution .... so voda gave me a golden number for my trouble... nice!

i am mentioning it to be aware of it ! obviously if you port vimes make sure you do some testing from the different networks after you port to ensure all works!

To be honest, what_car is perfectly reasonable at the moment. Three, like I said, are being pricks with porting at the moment. Their ports are taking days to weeks to go through. It's actually easier to just change the number to prepay, get a temporary number with O2/Voda/Meteor and wait until Three have decided to setting up a proper porting system. For some reason, I doubt they have problems porting people onto their network.

Fair enough. My comment maybe wasn't fair.

I just don't think a person should give up their number because of a networks incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Surely the surcharge only applies if you decide not to pay by direct debit. That is, if you leave the DD active and pay in advance by CC, surely the surcharge won't apply. Tis slightly dodgy though.

Surely the surcharge only applies if you decide not to pay by direct debit. That is, if you leave the DD active and pay in advance by CC, surely the surcharge won't apply. Tis slightly dodgy though.
    if i choose to pay in advance by credit card then the fact that i have a dd active is beside the point. i won't be paying by dd so the 4.50 applies.

doesn't really matter though because its been credited to my account. it pays to moan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ciaranfo wrote:
    @what_car

You are right, i would never give up my number.

ciaranfo wrote:
    Fair enough. My comment maybe wasn't fair.

I just don't think a person should give up their number because of a networks incompetence.

Oh, I agree but in reality, there's sweet FA we can do. Comreg will probably take just as long as Three to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 munsterjock

Hi,

I bought a 3 plug in and go modem as there is no broadband in the Carrigaline area where I live. I am trying to use the USB Modem with a Dell inspiron 6400 new, running vista premium but there seems to be a glitch . having loaded it up it says f:/is not accessable folder is empty even though I know it is not and the drivers are loaded...

I plugged the same USB Modem into a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo running Vista Basic and there are no problems. It offers F:/Autoplay Window view all files is possible.

The same USB Modem plugged into my desktop running Windows XP as in now is perfect .

Any one know how to solve this problem ?
    Regards, Jock, Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The fact that it works on one of your Vista computers but not on another would indicate that there is a problem with your Vista installation or security settings. =

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I was in a Three store yesterday considering moving to the network - then I overheard a sales guy who was ready to throw the phone at the wall because their Indian call centre guys wouldn't/didn't know how to credit some guy with a deposit he'd made when he took out his contract.

Then I turned around and walked out. So glad I didn't move to Three.

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote:
    I was in a Three store yesterday considering moving to the network - then I overheard a sales guy who was ready to throw the phone at the wall because their Indian call centre guys wouldn't/didn't know how to credit some guy with a deposit he'd made when he took out his contract.

and i'm so glad i ported to meteor today. of course 3 customer care told me i wouldn't be able to because there was an outstanding balance on my account and they wouldn't release the number but as you can see it pays to assume they're wrong

I noticed some 3 ads yesterday which seemd pretty persuasive towards Vodafone customers "You're not making the most of now" and comparing rates. What the average Joe Soap doesn't know is that they'll be using Vodafone's network anyway in many areas.

From what I read here it seems to me that you get what you pay for, I'd never move to 3 after hearing all this rubbish. Though I'm trying to decide between Vodafone and Meteor at the moment.

Karsini wrote:
    I noticed some 3 ads yesterday which seemd pretty persuasive towards Vodafone customers "You're not making the most of now" and comparing rates. What the average Joe Soap doesn't know is that they'll be using Vodafone's network anyway in many areas.
    in fairness to them, people don't care who owns the masts they're using. what they care about is the prices they're paying
    Karsini wrote:
    From what I read here it seems to me that you get what you pay for, I'd never move to 3 after hearing all this rubbish. Though I'm trying to decide between Vodafone and Meteor at the moment.
    bill or payg? my first instinct would be to say meteor ftw. what kind of things are you looking for in a network

bill or payg? my first instinct would be to say meteor ftw. what kind of things are you looking for in a network
    I've already got a Meteor prepaid SIM but will probably need to change my number due to a very clingy person, ack! Hence the decision.

Basically, my family are on Vodafone but some of my friends are on Meteor. I had a lot of grief with Meteor initially (though I was living in Kerry at the time which made matters worse). But now that I'm smack bang in the centre of Dublin I've no problems at all with them. All it boils down to is deciding who I want to text for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i am calling comreg about 3, they want me to pay this ridiculous bill and i am having none of it.

incompetent clowns, one dude from the payment division suggested if i could pay half of it weeks ago and i dismissed him immediately, now they want me to pay it all and they are having a laugh.

i am also going to leave them, like cv and a few others. crap coverage here, no coverage at all sometimes. went very bad in the last 5/6 weeks. cant make any calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

eth0_ wrote:

lucky escape...i was regretting picking meteor over 3 a week ago but now anymore...thank god for my lovely meteor w810i :) and its AFTs

Advertisement